REPLACING A LENNOX COMPLETE HEAT

I've got a gas Lennox Complete Heat system that was installed in 1998 and YES it is still working fine. But, I know I will need to replace it at some point since it is an orphan design. I have two questions:

1) I know if it stops working I will need a new heating system and hot water system. I was going to get some bids but, Hurricane Sandy hit our area and I expect the dealers and installers will be swamped with new installs for those flooded houses and product supply may be tight. Should I wait to get estimates until after things calm down a bit?

2) The Complete Heat is still working fine. Is there a market for some of it's components or should I just separate out the copper and other metals and bring in to a scrap metal recycler for the cash?

Mike

Some company's will want the scrap, kind of a small bonus for the guys who break there backs to haul the equipment around lol, at least that's how I look at it. I'm not saying that will happen, and it would have to be in the contract so maybe tell the co you want the parts.
    There might be a small market but most units are gone for good, the inducer, gas valve and circuit board may be sellable. I would just wait until the slow season and you might get a better price.

Quote Originally Posted by Joehvac25 View Post
    Some company's will want the scrap, kind of a small bonus for the guys who break there backs to haul the equipment around lol, at least that's how I look at it. I'm not saying that will happen, and it would have to be in the contract so maybe tell the co you want the parts.
    There might be a small market but most units are gone for good, the inducer, gas valve and circuit board may be sellable. I would just wait until the slow season and you might get a better price.
    Thanks for the reply Joe. I was leaning in that direction. Now my hope is the Lennox Complete Heat system will make it through another winter. I wish it was still serviceable because my unit it has been pretty reliable despite one pin hole leak that was repaired. I hope to have the contractor just drop the CP unit next to the garage and I will cut it up since it sounds like the parts will not be salable. Though the copper in the air handler might help me put some money toward the new system. In this economy every little bit helps.

Mike

ebay