+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No More Twinkies?

Post Likes
    I always wanted an airstream!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    The "solution" to your scenario is simple.....Start a business....build it up to the point that you can afford vacations, RVs, and other toys....When you accomplish that, instead of buying those things for your wife and family, give that money to your employees.

Let us know how that works out for you....

Post Likes
    Some college football coaches make ten million dollars a year!

I guess as long as somebody wants to pay it????

Post Likes
    I work for a $30m co.
    All four owners base salary is $250k year plus bonus.

Seems reak fair to me!!

Post Likes
    my bonus this year will be a 427 corvette converitble once can decide on color, BUT all of our bennies and other costs are paid in full. sue me.

Post Likes
    Twinkies and politics what a weird thread.

Post Likes
    My Christmas bonus will be a 200 bucks woo hoo

Post Likes
    Why would anyone want to sue you for being bought and paid for?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    My Christmas bonus will be a 200 bucks woo hoo
    The only monetary bonus I've seen in years has been based on additional efforts on my part, and I'm ok with that. One company did give out nice jackets for the holiday, but the last company I worked for didn't even appreciate what it's employees did on a daily basis. That's why I left it.
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The only monetary bonus I've seen in years has been based on additional efforts on my part, and I'm ok with that. One company did give out nice jackets for the holiday, but the last company I worked for didn't even appreciate what it's employees did on a daily basis. That's why I left it.
    You worked for Hostess?

Sorry, just couldn't resist....
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Some college football coaches make ten million dollars a year!

I guess as long as somebody wants to pay it????
    They can also be fired in a New York minute.... They are only as good as their last season....
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GT Jets View Post
    You worked for Hostess?

Sorry, just couldn't resist....
    If I had worked for Hostess, they would have perished long ago just from the loss of inventory...
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    this is true!
    they can also have their way with little 9 year old boys in the shower!!!!!!!!

They can also be fired in a New York minute.... They are only as good as their last season....
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    suck one...oh never mind.

Post Likes
    Im pro -union but they Killed the twink,, U know the delevery trucks can not be stocked with Hostess bread and twinkie. They must be in diffrent Trucks. Thats just wrong in many ways. Thats the same as if we couldnt have a reclaimer and R22 Jug in the same truck. Or not allowed to have r22 and r134 in the same truck.
    Im sure debbie is happy,, twinks taste better

Post Likes
    WTH??

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    suck one...oh never mind.
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zartangreen View Post
    Im pro -union but they Killed the twink,, U know the delevery trucks can not be stocked with Hostess bread and twinkie. They must be in diffrent Trucks. Thats just wrong in many ways. Thats the same as if we couldnt have a reclaimer and R22 Jug in the same truck. Or not allowed to have r22 and r134 in the same truck.
    Im sure debbie is happy,, twinks taste better
    There are hundreds of ways that organized labor rules cost companies a lot more money to operate. If you don't like the high cost of going to see a play, think about the union rules that there must be union carpenters, painters, electricians, lighting workers etc. on hand during each and every play. Now think about what most of those so called "workers" are doing during the play "A Chorus Line", while they still collect their pay. Now think about why there must be an electrician to plug in the electric cords that the lighting workers are not allowed to plug in. So what do we do about it when attendence drops because the cost of tickets is too high? GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES!.....of course;
    Training is important!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    There are hundreds of ways that organized labor rules cost companies a lot more money to operate. If you don't like the high cost of going to see a play, think about the union rules that there must be union carpenters, painters, electricians, lighting workers etc. on hand during each and every play. Now think about what most of those so called "workers" are doing during the play "A Chorus Line", while they still collect their pay. Now think about why there must be an electrician to plug in the electric cords that the lighting workers are not allowed to plug in. So what do we do about it when attendence drops because the cost of tickets is too high? GOVERNMENT SUBSIDIES!.....of course;
    Yup....back when Dad was in electronics, he did a trade show at McCormick Place in Chicago....a teamster had to back the truck to the dock....a dockworker had to unload the truck and take the booth material to the show floor.....a carpenter had to set it up....then an electrician had to plug the cord in.....and the reverse at the end of the show.....

Featherbedding and protectionism at it's best.....and you wonder why union companies shut down, while government unions flourish.....meh :/
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    I love it the union thugs got what they deserved. How's life in the unemployment line?????

Post Likes
    I like how you offer ridicule but bring nothing positive to the table....

What this statement means to a normal person is, don't buy a bunch of crap on credit, use the tens and twenties to do business when you can and try to hide some cash if possible... (tax reasons yo)...

Where would YOU recommend cutting your financial vulnerability? Invest in moonshine?

GT
    Timesssssss twoooooo.

Post Likes
    I got piles of money reserved to buy a bu nch of gold

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in