+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: No More Twinkies?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I work on HVAC in dozens of these warehouses and it is actually pretty funny!
    there is a big wall separating the two and they are not even allowed to talk to each other!
    That is some funny stuff, I drove atruck and was unloading at a union shop when the dude told me I couldn't work through the union break, I told him and his union thugs to get the F out of my way so I could make My money. They didn't know what to think about that.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rojacman View Post
    oh joy.....just read a mexican co. may come to the rescue and buy out the assets or some such.....seems hostess was also paying a really high price for sugar inna states & they have no such prob south of the border down Mexico way.....( hey someone oughtta write a song like that)..Jack
    Now must speak spanish to work zat Hostess, Oh never mind allready have to.

Post Likes
    Still making TWINKIES in CANADA and for some time , and nothing to do with HOSTESS

Post Likes
    The old I'm right and your wrong routine. Same people fighting over the same things in all these union debates.

Post Likes
    And I'm not taking sides just observing

Post Likes
    Potential export business, lol But i always by the coke cola from mexico when I can,, i beleive they use a better sugar
    Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    Still making TWINKIES in CANADA and for some time , and nothing to do with HOSTESS

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by toocoolforschool View Post
    I got piles of money reserved to buy a bu nch of gold
    All kidding aside....invest in copper tubing. It won't raise eyebrows, and it will inflate rapidly when the inflation hits....which it will, it's just a matter of when.

From a business standpoint, if you're going to buy a new service truck, buy it on time, not cash...use the cash for inflation-hedge investment. That payment will be chicken feed when inflation hits 30%

But, I suppose that will be construed as "being negative and bringing nothing to the conversation"...LOL

But then again, I'm not suggesting tax fraud either.....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    All kidding aside....invest in copper tubing. It won't raise eyebrows, and it will inflate rapidly when the inflation hits....which it will, it's just a matter of when.

From a business standpoint, if you're going to buy a new service truck, buy it on time, not cash...use the cash for inflation-hedge investment. That payment will be chicken feed when inflation hits 30%

But, I suppose that will be construed as "being negative and bringing nothing to the conversation"...LOL

Can you explain hedging I don't understand? Where you trying to poke fun at me with the being negative statement?

Post Likes
    COULD YOU REPEAT THAT IN THE MICROPHONE PLEASE?

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post

true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    Can you explain hedging I don't understand? Where you trying to poke fun at me with the being negative statement?
    Here is an example; something I do every year:
    Atlanta is an AC market... and as such the supply houses are slow in the winter and have sales to move products. I generally buy lots of motors, caps, contactors, linesets, filters, etc in the winter for low cost... then use them in the summer (usually I try to buy only enough to get me 90& of the way through the summer, as I do not want to have excess inventory at the end of the year (do not fudge on inventory... not legal). I am hedging the price of parts. Simple.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *The value of comfort, over the long term; leave economic choices behind!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    hedge a bet

$100 on the 49ers to cover the spread against the saints!

$25 3 team parlay patriots, seahawks and SAINTS
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Here is a better example,Buy a tech exchange traded fund,short the worst in the sector,like HP,Dell,RIM!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalieri85 View Post
    A previous participant claimed that I wasn't bringing anything but negativity to the conversation

Nothing directed at you personally....

Post Likes
    COULD YOU REPEAT THAT IN THE MICROPHONE PLEASE?

Perhaps your photo should be directed at the folks who suggest doing cash jobs and hiding the loot.

Nothing that I suggested is illegal, immoral, or fattening

Post Likes
    I dont know any guys that do side jobs.
    I think guys do side jobs when their employer cant keep them busy?

Post Likes
    Just for clarification because some people on here seem to focus on one little thing and beat it like it owes them money...

I was a boat mechanic for nearly 15 years, been doing the HVAC gig for 15 years. The cash jobs I am referring to are my hobby, I don't remember if it was this thread or another that I mentioned people I work with including myself have hobbies that pay.

Mine happens to be boat repair, I actually try not to take side work in HAVC unless I can help out a friend or family member, or take some work from a parasitic non union shop that is known for being a hack.

The most recent example is that I am doing a floor and stringer replacement in a friend of mines ski boat among some other small things, this was a barter job for getting some machine work done (the dude is an automotive machinist)...

I don't have time to do much because we have been too busy for a long time.... I actually enjoy working on boats and I can work with my teenage son and sometimes my dad on them. It's a win win.

BTW, I too hoard copper scrap, I always buy tools with the money, you can write that off on your taxes.... Again, win win.

So all you out there trying to make me out to be Al Capone, get over your self righteous selves...

Have a nice day...

GT
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    We know this, but we are not discussing girlie boys in this thread....
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    I dont know any guys that do side jobs.
    I think guys do side jobs when their employer cant keep them busy?
    Every union HVAC guy I know does side work. Some of them actually have their own HVAC company if their union job puts them on night shifts.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Hostess failed long ago......

I applaud my union brothers and sisters for standing tall and taking it on the cheek.

Energy costs and their trickle down effect plus lack of newer, more effecient plants finally took their toll on a company that produced an unhealthy product in an age of health consciousness and tight budgets.

Hostess saw the writing on the wall years ago and have been putting an exit plan into effect since the last restructuring. How do you close a company that employs thousands and send the execs on their way with huge bags of cash without looking like greedy bastards? Simple, push the unions to a point you know they will not go, then point the finger and go "BAD UNION BAD HUMANS AHH YOU FORCED US TO CLOSE OUR FAILING COMPANY WAHHH!"

Post Likes
    Hedge funds you know the housing crisis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in