Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    I dont know any guys that do side jobs.
    I think guys do side jobs when their employer cant keep them busy?
    Every union HVAC guy I know does side work. Some of them actually have their own HVAC company if their union job puts them on night shifts.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Hostess failed long ago......

I applaud my union brothers and sisters for standing tall and taking it on the cheek.

Energy costs and their trickle down effect plus lack of newer, more effecient plants finally took their toll on a company that produced an unhealthy product in an age of health consciousness and tight budgets.

Hostess saw the writing on the wall years ago and have been putting an exit plan into effect since the last restructuring. How do you close a company that employs thousands and send the execs on their way with huge bags of cash without looking like greedy bastards? Simple, push the unions to a point you know they will not go, then point the finger and go "BAD UNION BAD HUMANS AHH YOU FORCED US TO CLOSE OUR FAILING COMPANY WAHHH!"

Hedge funds you know the housing crisis.

I worked at a company that did maintenance at a hostess plant and they would let us eat the leftovers in the breakroom, one guy ate 17 ding dongs, yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Every union HVAC guy I know does side work. Some of them actually have their own HVAC company if their union job puts them on night shifts.
    Which is really just beyond the pale when you think about it.....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

bartering is a form of income and must be declared on tax return at full value. selling copper is a form of income and must be reported as income. Deducting for tools bought using scrap copper money is fraudulent, unless the money is reported and taxed.

supertek, you know the saying, suck one **** and you are a co**sucker for life, lol.

"We know this, but we are not discussing girlie boys in this thread..." Well EXCUSE me for interrupting you thread.

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    Which is really just beyond the pale when you think about it.....
    Hmmm... I do not know how it works in most of the USA... however I have not seen any union HVAC guys working for residential co's in Texas or GA... could be wrong on this.

SOOO: If the union guys are doing heavy commercial or industrial.. and they are doing resi work on the side... well I see no conflict of interest there.

OTOH: If they ARE doing residential at their union job, and doing resi work on the side... then yes, there is a conflict of interests there... and they should IMO make a choice and do one or the other.
    (Or their union brothers need to know what they are doing... and nature will take its course... ).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post
    bartering is a form of income and must be declared on tax return at full value. selling copper is a form of income and must be reported as income. Deducting for tools bought using scrap copper money is fraudulent, unless the money is reported and taxed.

supertek, you know the saying, suck one **** and you are a co**sucker for life, lol.

Opie Taylor, is that you?

Gee Golly, I didn't realize recycling materials from a job that were a "gift" from the PM are subject to tax.... Because they're not... Only until you get into the dollar amounts that require a 1099 are they taxed. If they don't let us keep the scrap, it gets put back into the job... SOooooo
    If a day goes by and you have learned nothing, I hope you got a lot of sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by flange View Post

You forgot to make note that summer camp doesn't count.....right?

Quote Originally Posted by Control Man View Post
    "We know this, but we are not discussing girlie boys in this thread..." Well EXCUSE me for interrupting you thread.
    LOL! I was referring to "twinkies" also referring to "girly boys".....I'm just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Hmmm... I do not know how it works in most of the USA... however I have not seen any union HVAC guys working for residential co's in Texas or GA... could be wrong on this.

SOOO: If the union guys are doing heavy commercial or industrial.. and they are doing resi work on the side... well I see no conflict of interest there.

OTOH: If they ARE doing residential at their union job, and doing resi work on the side... then yes, there is a conflict of interests there... and they should IMO make a choice and do one or the other.
    (Or their union brothers need to know what they are doing... and nature will take its course... ).
    I'm referring to commercial/industrial union workers who do residential side work or own a merit shop residential/commercial HVAC company as well.

I'm referring to commercial/industrial union workers who do residential side work or own a merit shop residential/commercial HVAC company as well.
    Which just slays me to the nth degree...They seek the shelter and security of their union jobs to feed their familes....while undermining the the same shelter and security of others by running side gigs.

They don't have the courage to hang out a shingle and compete like the rest of us....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast