Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I am starting out in HVAC, didn`t want to spend $2000 on pittsburg machine so I made one that functions much differently works like a die or vice and is only 45 lbs makes perfect joints also fast was told there was a market for this not looking to sell just need input THANKS

this one needs pictures.

tool

may have pictures in a couple weeks, tool right now is at a school being tried out

Humm, interesting. I've bent pitts before with a break, not real hard, but it's a pain compared to running it through a machine.. I'm anxious to see this tool.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

If you are looking to sell your invention here is some advise

Don't call a 1-800- Inventor service

You can use this site to help you out with a patent
    http://www.brighterideas.com/

Keep your drawings safe and date all of them

A big company will not buy your invention without a patent

Another thing don't go telling everybody what you invented. Keep your ideas to yourself.

A patent only gives you the right to sue a thief.

Here is another site you may find useful
    http://www.uspto.gov/

new tool

thanks greatly for tips. just starting out with this idea. I use it and love it (made 2 of them)have made pittburg on machine and have toyed on sheet metel brake and thought maybe I can make something affordable compact light weight and very easy too operate. Worked in a machine shop for 30 years, machining this thing was easy for me but getting it too work perfectly took a dozen or so tries. when my wife used it with a couple minutes of instrutions and succesfully made a pittsburg joint first try the designing part was done. Here is a little more about it. It has a capacity to make a none locking pittsburg joint (no 1/4 tab to bend over) 21 1/2" long 26 gauge metel. also made 2 folding bars, both 21 1/2 cap. one of them on one side will bend 1" to prep sheet metel for above tool, and other side will bend 1/4" for mating sheet metel to fit in pittsburg. other folding bar bends up a 1/2" foot for bottom of transition in 3 easy steps. both folding bars can slide into a simple fixture if needed to help assist in bending. also made sheet metel hand brake (no moving parts)to bend 4 corners, is there a market for this stuff?

I would have to say there's a market for it.

Although I agree with not really sharing your ideas until you can get a deal set up, man I'm dying to see this creation! lol.

I'm thinking this would be perfect for the crews who do change outs, but not enough to justify a big van (or trailer) with a break and pitts machine. With your tool, some scrap, a ruler, and a few other things you'd have a pretty nice portable SM shop.

it sounds like something i would buy

i'm interested, want to start making my own plenums. I have zero sheet metal experience but want to learn.

I would buy one.

new tool

when some of you read this you may think Iam making a big mistake. I knew several months ago that I wont get a patent for now, by talking to a lawyer my accountant and a marketing expert I will go ahead and make a few of these myself. If someone copies it good luck trying to beat my price, and I don't think the volume will ever be very high for lets say china to copy it. Can't talk price on this sight but if I saw this thing and was starting out in HVAC I would by it over and import pittsgurg machine 1/8th the cost and 1/8th the wieght. Next step is maybe get a web sight with demo. video in next couple months or if you live in south east wisconsin I may show people in person.

Ok, enough with the teasing! lol

Could ya post some pictures, or send me some and I could post them for ya. I'm dying to see this thing.

new tool

pictures will be sent soon, about a week or or so,just got tool back from a HVAC school. I am new to all this computer stuff my nephew is helping me get set up so this all takes time thanks for tips and interest.

I'll take one.

While you are at it could you also invent an oval hole cutter. You know like Malco's circle cutter only it cuts oval holes for top take offs. I'd buy one of them too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast