Siemans 24v contactor coil keeps failing

Hi, I have a problem with these 75 amp contactors. Last week I found both compressor contactor coils shorted. ( 2 compressor unit) I find it odd that they would both go exactly at the same time. The local electrician says it due to spikes in the power supply from our provider. After replacing them and keeping an eye on the unit I figured he must have been right. Yesterday I found the A curcuit with a shorted contactor coil??? We have Mars 32391 delay controls on the contactors which have been there for their entire life (10yr). Anyone come across anything like this before? Thanks

had similar problem couple years ago on a carrier roof top unit, found carrier knew about the problem and sent me a "repair kit" wich was basically a couple of relays and a dedicated transformer to power coils (used the y1 y2 terminals to power relays ) and used dedicated transformer to power contactor coils, anyway,the original wiring would drag down the secondary on existing transformer and found i only had like 19 volts when second stage pulled in, not enough voltage to pull in and coil would just cook until failure

Alot of new construction in the area can lead to intermittent voltage spikes. Is that a possibility?

Have you found anything out of the norm, electrically?

If it has a multi tap transformer make sure it is on the right tap. Have seen where they are taped for 230 volt and there is 208 being supplied. Will make a difference when the contactors pull in. Once in they will hold ok