Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah...Good luck with that set up, wouldn't be surprised if it's not stolen!!!
    Psalm 51:10, 12

???????

There's no way those eyelet bolts would hold if someone got their truck on that chain. Nice try though!

Yeah those thieves are gonna be like "if only the stuff we use to cut through the big copper lines and power wires could cut the tiny wire mesh on the unit : (, and it's too bad there are no screws that could be removed so that we could work around our wire grille problem... Double : * ( face. )

So they lock up the new one, but leave the Lennox to the left of it fair game?
    Quoted by "bmathews"

"Just call somebody out. Nobody on here can fix it from over the computer."

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353288369.886491.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  31.9 KBthis is what was found in jersey city nj. Lol they had about four houses like this.

nice

I think the OP's picture is FUNNY! The owner evidently has no idea what he's trying to protect. Remove the chains and put a sign on it "TAKE ME FIRST".

I had one early last year the thieves has cut loose (power and copper lines) then for some reason they decided Not to take it. Left it with the power and lines hacked up with an ax. Maybe after they cut it loose they saw it was a "Goodman"?
    Yes, I know I Shouldn't But I Just Can't Help Myself...

Us canadians must be pussys because i've never heard of people stealing heatpumps over here in BC.

This maybe a dry 22 unit. This explains why it's the "Guardian" brand.The homeowner is trying to protect himself from having to fork out hundreds more dollars to replace another condensing unit. The Methheads don't know about things like "micochannel" coils. I agree that this is a deterant to lazy dope fiends looking to get an easy buck. We've been having a rash of equipment vandalized lately. These thieves need to start getting shot.

Guardian is sold by Johnstone Supply down here in Florida I believe...Any homeowner can walk right in and buy a system...DRY of course...Pathetic. Now you see, the chain might not be able to be cut easily...But interweaved between the easy-to-cut metal is pointless. Kill the power, pop the fan, drill some tapcons, and clip the outside. If it walks beyond that, fine. Not like it's expensive. The FREON is worth more that the unit to me. If they are SMART, they are recovering the juice. I see that more and more...

Get to a house, no capnuts, brely a drop in system. They were on vacation for a week. Someone noticed. I have customers that bought their own jugs of R22, and call me to top-off their systems because they KNOW they have a leak and it isn;t worth it to them to have me isolate and fix it. Maybe when they bought that jug for $200 it was the right move...Not now, boy...$15 a lb and rising.

Maybe they used tin snips without rubber handles and got zapped...Were there any scorch marks or the smell of sizzling hair?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12