SMAN4 is HERE!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SMAN4 is HERE!!

Thanks for the suggestion. We'll added to the list of things to look into!

Russell. Just wanted to let you know that my wishes are not complaints. I have owned nothing but Fieldpiece meters for my entire 19 year career. A testament to your tools, I still have and use my first meter. SC66. I have 3 or 4 volt meters alone. The SC66 is still in everyday use. I was recalling this conversation yesterday when I was using it and thought I better come back here and give you guys a shout out.

I was out in Anaheim several weeks ago and was gonna try to get over to your guys offices and check you guys out but time got away from me. I think you ought to go make some friends with the boys in my corporate and see if you guys can give us a discount through our company. I could put you in touch with a few. I bet you would sell a but load of tools to our folks. 600 techs, and growing, to possibly double that in the next 2 years. And if these guys could destroy, bend, stomp, kick and spit on it enough, it would be great testing for the next generation of tool.

As an example. We can get discounts through Sprint. Many guys took advantage of it for their personal cells.

My suggestions:

>Whats with the vacuum gauge? Get rid of it. The best way is to use two large hoses, a pump and one gauge. You need no manifold.

>Do we really even need a 4-port?

>You should spend that money on more receptors for remote/wireless sensors.

>Speaking of which...maybe you should include two wireless sensors with your "wireless" gauges. You do know this would increase sales. We don't want to spend 600 bucks on each tech for this, especially since we can do math.

>Look at the sales increase with Digi-Cool, they used to be $550.00 now you can get a set for $299.00 They can't make them fast enough. Learn from that.

>It can print, correct?

>Rather than a case, have a company manufacture a plastic waterproof cover from hard or soft plastic so we can use them in ALL conditions. This would be better than spending money on a case to hold them when we're NOT using them.

>Be able to pop out the display and bring it with you while on-site doing other work and yet still being able to see how this start up is working.

>BAM!!
    Always here

Quote Originally Posted by energy star View Post
    >Be able to pop out the display and bring it with you while on-site doing other work and yet still being able to see how this start up is working.

>BAM!!
    now that would be bad A$$. Right On. Do that and I will buy 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    now that would be bad A$$. Right On. Do that and I will buy 5.

I'd rather see it interface with a smart phone, laptop or tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellHarju View Post
    I do think the scale wirelessly to the manifold or HG3 is a good idea. I am hearing contractors do more and more tracking of their refrigerants and doing by weight automatically with a wireless scale i think could work nicely. And as long as the measurement is there it seems there could be an alarm linked to weight, or superheat or subcooling possibly. At this point this is just on the list of ideas to kick around. But I think there is something there.
    How bout a wireless scale that displays actual SH and SC occurring from wireless pipe clamps as the technician is weighing in the refrigerant?

Or some more advanced calculations, logging, diagnostics, vacuum, and readouts that could be also be possible.

If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I have an idea that I always thought was great. With all the technology out now it may be easier to accomplish. Just imagine you being the service manager, or owner of an HVAC company and you want to make sure the new install is running OK and you want the customer to know you care about his/her system.

Slap on a set of digital gauges. You have sensor taps for Hi-Lo pressure, Supply-Return temp, WB & Dry bulb and maybe even static.

You have six crews out today each doing a replacement or a new install. You being the owner or service manager want to know how the work the guys completed today is actually doing. Ever wonder that? I did, so I had this idea.

Once the installation is complete, and your new set of gauges are installed with all these new wireless sensors in place and start up has been completed, and the system seems to be running fine.......you call it a day and go home.

BUT FIRST, the lead guy makes a connection from the digital gauge a cell phone. This phones purpose is meant to be only used for this application and to be left on site for 48 hrs. Now you or service manager can call this cell phone and get this info in real time. Anytime. Do you know how that would make your customer feel? I do....happy. You could even rent these little systems out as an extra to a maintenance agreement to be assured your customers system is working fine (all the time).

The peace of mind I would have knowing that my guys installed the system as designed and is working as designed would be priceless. Just being able to check would be cool.... Hey, don't tell anyone about my idea

Hey, you gotta app for that? BAM!
    Always here

Or you could just make your techs use the HG3 that I linked earlier and turn it in on the way home every night then you can see everything you just talked about without needing an internet connection. But both would be expensive. Better just to have a QA guy who can do more.

the hg3 does not have enough lead connectors. Can only capture data from two points

The HG3 can measure up to 12 points wireless and one wired all at the same time.

all great ideas

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I'd rather see it interface with a smart phone, laptop or tablet.
    Yep. Me too. Smart-phones are the way to go. That way a tech can capture and e-mail the data. Very useful when a guy has to PROVE what was found, what was done, what the end results were. Make your doodads talk to my iPhone. Remember these guys... http://www.redfishinstruments.com/ ....?
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast