Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SMAN4 is HERE!!

SMAN4 is HERE!!

The SMAN4 is officially here. Check out the quick video I did at the IHACI show in Pasadena yesterday. A more detailed video will come shortly but much of the info is available on our website already. See links below.

Here's the link to the SMAN4 video on youtube
    http://youtu.be/OqC1YXNqVEc

Here's the product SMAN4 Page on our website
    http://fieldpiece.com/digital-manifolds/sman4

Too bad it's winter or they'd have one more sold.

That's geeky-awesome. I love my DigiCool, but the real time IDWB and ODDB providing target SH (and SC?) is sweeeeeeeet.

totally disappointing. I thought you would have wireless probes detachable from the unit to use. Also, I did not see you can record.

Great for nocies, not for the demands of the real pro in business these days. I own a 3, was really hoping for much more on 4. Your missing a huge market demand from commercial refrigeration guys.

Looks like a gimmicky toy to me.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    totally disappointing. I thought you would have wireless probes detachable from the unit to use. Also, I did not see you can record.

Great for nocies, not for the demands of the real pro in business these days. I own a 3, was really hoping for much more on 4. Your missing a huge market demand from commercial refrigeration guys.
    Looks like you can view any two wireless measurements so that could be wireless temp or any other accessory head like current or voltage it just wont calculate anything with the measurements and you would need to keep toggling the screen to read like you need to do with #3 to get the whole picture

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    Looks like a gimmicky toy to me.
    a $800+ toy?
    If your getting the set up for the grandkids
    don't forget extra batteries
    1. AA
    2. AA
    3. AA
    4. AA
    5. AA
    6. AA
    7. AAA
    8. AAA
    9. AAA
    10. AAA
    11. AAA
    12. AAA
    13. 9V
    14. 9V

“If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Yes you can use any Fieldpiece accessory heads to measure any two wireless measurements. It uses WB and DB to calculate Target Superheat but if you don't need that you can view any other two meaurements such as return DB and Supply DB for delta T. If you want to record it can send all 6 measurements to the HG3 for data logging and report printing capabilities.

Dowadudda,

What specific features would you like to see? We listen to techs and the only way we can know what you want is for you to tell us. Please be as detailed as possible and trust me we will listen to your requests.

Russ

I want to see the gauges to link up to the wireless charging scale that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by trai View Post
    I want to see the gauges to link up to the wireless charging scale that would be awesome.
    Explain a little about what you would do with the weight measurement on your digital manifold.

would also like to see wireless temp probes

How wet can the unit get. before damage. with out knowing that info, i like to see a water prof sman. something that can get down poured on.

Quote Originally Posted by swamprat323 View Post
    would also like to see wireless temp probes

How wet can the unit get. before damage. with out knowing that info, i like to see a water prof sman. something that can get down poured on.
    The wireless transmitters do have temp probes attached. In the video this thread is about shows two different kinds of temp probes, thermistor and thermocouple.

If it's hanging straight up and down from the hook it can survive "normal" rain but probably not storm rain that's coming in from all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowadudda View Post
    wireless probes detachable from the unit to use.
    I agree, this would be the way to go. What all do you have to buy to get the two temps feeding into it, and can it do subcooling as well?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast