Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Refer van tank Rack

Hey guys.

I have a safari van as my service truck. I am setting it all up and like it organized for easy in and out. I am looking for a rack for my 4 refer jugs. I know I can buy them but I am kinda a cheap guy and I'm looking for the community to post pictures of the ones that they have built to save some money. I was thinking of making a wooden one? Or I have seen guys use the plastic crates the bottles come in but they are hard to come by in my area so I'm looking for some input from you guys
    Thanks

I will be carrying the 25LB 2 Recovery 2 virgin jugs.

buy a cheap welder from harbor freight and make your own

If you want a prefab, keep your eye on your local Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I made this with some 1" square tubing, 1 1/2" flat stock, and a mig welder.

Name:  DSCF0817.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  51.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post

Where do I put in my order. Ill take two!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post

How did you get a picture of my clean organized van by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by jpbhvac View Post
    How did you get a picture of my clean organized van by the way?
    Because my two reclaim tanks, extra jugs of 22 and 404a, and all my other junk was sitting on the ground when I took that picture. Once I put the stuff back in it doesn't look that nice anymore.

I built this one a while back. I have since changed trucks and it came with a nicer one. I used some left over scraps of unistrut, some scrap osb, and some scrap sheet metal. I hung some chain left over from a tube heater install from some s hooks from the same install and used it to secure the jugs. The sheet metal is bent into a trough like shape to prevent the jugs from rolling. It worked great and I made some sheet metal straps to secure it to the truck. I still have it waiting in the shop for use in the future. Its not pretty but if I would have built it with a little more care it would look a lot better. I slapped it together in 45min for next to nothing. Its built for 3 jugs but could be expanded to hold more. If I was going to do it again, I would set them at an angle so they wouldn't need chains and they could utilize the space a little better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The only true knowledge is the pursuit of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Hey guys.

I have a safari van as my service truck. I am setting it all up and like it organized for easy in and out. I am looking for a rack for my 4 refer jugs. I know I can buy them but I am kinda a cheap guy and I'm looking for the community to post pictures of the ones that they have built to save some money. I was thinking of making a wooden one? Or I have seen guys use the plastic crates the bottles come in but they are hard to come by in my area so I'm looking for some input from you guys
    Thanks

I will be carrying the 25LB 2 Recovery 2 virgin jugs.
    as far as carrying the refrigerant jugs I worked for another company a few years back . I layed a 5 gallon bucket on its side then stacked 3 more on top. with some unistrut I built 4 uprightson the outside of them basically like a frame to contain the buckets. then I ran a bunjy cord through all the tanks, yes it was cheap, and it worked pretty good.

Thanks for the posts 5th root and mike.

That is some nice work. The wheels are turning . I have dropped some Big bucks on some nice Tools just dying for them to come in.

I am also gonna make a nitro holder cause the one from van outfitters is crazy $ for a piece of metal with a Ratchet strap threw it.

You guys got any pictures of your design?

For my nitro tanks, I took some of that big green plastic drain pipe and cut them short enough to slide the tanks in and then used some bit tip screws to attach them to my shelving. I got the idea from a guy on YouTube. Works great and the pipe was some scrap stuff a plumber let me have from a comercial job. I'll see if I can get some pics

10 inch plastic drainage culvert Will work great and cheap

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Thanks for the posts 5th root and mike.

That is some nice work. The wheels are turning . I have dropped some Big bucks on some nice Tools just dying for them to come in.

I am also gonna make a nitro holder cause the one from van outfitters is crazy $ for a piece of metal with a Ratchet strap threw it.

You guys got any pictures of your design?

For the nitro tank I bought one of those carts for oxy that people drag around when they have breathing problems. Got it cheap on Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by 5thRoot View Post
    For my nitro tanks, I took some of that big green plastic drain pipe and cut them short enough to slide the tanks in and then used some bit tip screws to attach them to my shelving. I got the idea from a guy on YouTube. Works great and the pipe was some scrap stuff a plumber let me have from a comercial job. I'll see if I can get some pics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast