We had a Honeywell HE225A installed on our new construction after the contractor's hack put in an autoflo 200P model. We notice that when it is running, there is quite a bit of noise coming from the hot water line running to the unit. It sounds like there is air in the line or like someone left the faucet barely cracked open. I checked to see that the valve is open all the way, and it is. The humidifier/furnace is in our garage downstairs, and we can hear this upstairs on the opposite side of the house. Is this normal?

I have seen that happen one other time. It is a restriction in the water line.

There are two fixes.
    1. Replace the saddle valve with a real valve.
    2. Replace the copper tubing with plastic icemaker line.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

Plastic line is prohibited by the install manuals of all the humidifers our company has installed in the last five years. Plastic tube will freeze or burst mor redily, hence manufactuers call for copper tubing.

Check to make sure the strainer is clean (see your manual or call a tech if you need to). If it's plugged the water will jet with an audible level. (I am surprised you can hear it on the other end of the house).

Most uncommon is that your water is not turned on fully at the meter.

Be interesting to hear other opinions on this.

Water flow is restricted -- burr, valve, strainer. Can't tell from here.
    Perhaps you should have read the instructions before calling.

The problem went away for a few weeks as we have been experiencing warm weather here in NJ, but the cold is back, as well as the water line noise. I did not want to deal with the service tech coming back, so I did a little trouble shooting. It seemed that the noise was coming right from where the line goes into the humidifier, and it seemed like there was air in the line. I opened the line slightly while it was running, and the noise appears to have gone away. Could air in the line have been responsible for the noise?

Not likely.

The water would have purged the air thru the tubing as it went.

installer prob tightened compression fitting too much creating a restriction, when you loosened it was just enough. If no leak - be happy!
    GOD knows if you did your best! <><

I just dont know why these guys attache the water line to the hot water. It's as if they think the water temperature has ANYTHING to do with the evaporation. Water boils at 212 degrees, hot water from the water heater is 120 at best and the supply from the furnace may be the same.

The warm air is very dry and the water is evaporated into it. It's a waste to dump warm water down the drain.

Aprilaire humidifiers require hot water tap.

Skuttle requires a cold water tap as do other mfgs..

Follow the mfgs install requirement.