Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Here we go

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Very well spoken. The 'change' is already underway and I suspect many of the supporters are not going to like it too much. But there is no going back, we all must trudge forward. I would like the chance to slap a few Obama supporters on the head along the way if I get the chance, but it really won't make any difference. We are all in this together.
    I do not think you will have to box their ears... their fearless leader will do it for you... Yet they will blame everything they can to deny what is as obvious as the sunshine... until they simply cannot anymore. ONLY THEN... when all possibility of denial is gone... will common sense prevail... and we can start to clean up the mess the deniers made for us.

Problem is... this is a democracy... and until voting is restricted to mature folks... every generation of 'kids' will do this again and again. Take a HARD look at patterns over the last century... it has happened repeatedly... and it will again after we recover from this time.

Oh, for times when folks has to EARN the right to vote. THAT would be a good change.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    I do not think you will have to box their ears... their fearless leader will do it for you... Yet they will blame everything they can to deny what is as obvious as the sunshine... until they simply cannot anymore. ONLY THEN... when all possibility of denial is gone... will common sense prevail... and we can start to clean up the mess the deniers made for us.

Problem is... this is a democracy... and until voting is restricted to mature folks... every generation of 'kids' will do this again and again. Take a HARD look at patterns over the last century... it has happened repeatedly... and it will again after we recover from this time.

Oh, for times when folks has to EARN the right to vote. THAT would be a good change.
    Interesting points GA. I am willing to let the voter thing go because my ideas will not line up with societal norms of perceived fairness. Long before I was born we decided as a nation to let women, morons, and children to vote and there is no return from that ever in a million years.

As for the blame game, I find that suggestion rather disturbing.... Who/what IS Obama going to blame next, and what is his next solution? Scary thought.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

One thing is for certain. There will be 4 more years of angst for you guys, possibly more, if y'all continue to fret over things that you have absolutely no control over. It'll be bad for your heart and overall health doing all the worrying about it

http://management.fortune.cnn.com/20...kies-bankrupt/

In 2004 they had a debt of 450 million.
    By 2009 they had even more.
    By 2012 they had debt of 1 billion.

The unions with 390 seperate contracts had a 2 Billion debt in unfunded pension liabilities.

Now they have zero,nada,zip point s**t in equity.

The product will return,after assets are sold,and maybe the workers in a limited amount will be hired by Grupo Bimbo.
    FEN

I am genuinely concerned. The following two quotes popularly ascribed to Tytler are a bit unnerving:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the majority discovers it can vote itself largess out of the public treasury. After that, the majority always votes for the candidate promising the most benefits with the result the democracy collapses because of the loose fiscal policy ensuing, always to be followed by a dictatorship, then a monarchy."

"The historical cycle seems to be: From bondage to spiritual faith; from spiritual faith to courage; from courage to liberty; from liberty to abundance; from abundance to selfishness; from selfishness to apathy; from apathy to dependency; and from dependency back to bondage once more."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234