Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here we go

Here we go

Just for all you Obama suporters that seem to think reading a bill after you pass it is really hip. Well it's starting

I personally talked to a customer that has 150 employees and he is slashing hours next year.

Get ready to pay more for your Grand Slam.

A Florida restaurateur who operates roughly 40 Denny’s locations and five Hurricane Grill & Wings franchises throughout the state intends to add a 5 percent surcharge to customers’ bills to offset costs from ObamaCare beginning in January 2014 when the Affordable Care Act is fully implemented.

“People are trying to find ways to avoid the penalties and to avoid having to pay for ObamaCare,” John Metz told FoxNews.com. “Everyone’s looking for a way to not have to provide insurance for their employees. It’s essentially a huge tax on all us business people.”

To further offset the costs, Metz, who oversees roughly 1,200 employees as president and CEO of RREMC Restaurants, LLC, said he also will slash most of the staff's time to fewer than 30 hours per week. That change will be announced to employees next month, he said.

“I want to explain it to everybody, to let them know what’s coming down the pike,” he said. “We like to keep our employees informed.”

The changes will force some front-of-the-house employees to look for second jobs, Metz said, but he simply cannot afford the penalties associated with ObamaCare.

“I have a choice: try to live within the rules, or go out of business.”
    - John Metz, Florida restaurateur

“It’s a great concept,” he said. “We want to have everyone insured. The problem is, who is going to pay for it and how are we going to accomplish this?”

Read more: http://131.253.14.66/proxy.ashx?h=y8...#ixzz2CJ2v4jDx

Link did not work for me.

But yes, it amounts to a tax on businesses and individuals.

I understand some folks like 'change', but the business community and the economy in general like 'stability'.

The Bend Over Bill is its real name.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

What's ironic is that a majority of the people who voted Obama in will be the ones getting screwed the hardest by him. Which are lower to middle income people blaming the rich. They think they get healthcare, but instead get no healthcare and their hours cut. As Romney said during the first debate to Obama, it doesn't matter who is president, the rich will be rich and nothing we do will really affect them. They will find ways around it. I think that statement spoke volumes.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by bmathews View Post
    What's ironic is that a majority of the people who voted Obama in will be the ones getting screwed the hardest by him. Which are lower to middle income people blaming the rich. They think they get healthcare, but instead get no healthcare and their hours cut. As Romney said during the first debate to Obama, it doesn't matter who is president, the rich will be rich and nothing we do will really affect them. They will find ways around it. I think that statement spoke volumes.
    I am not rich just doing my best to become rich . I can not except the out come of this election. I just can not What do I do? I feel trapped especial in California

How can you say something like that. Most people who cannot handle reality end up committing suicide. You act as if 4 years is an eternity. First thing I would recommend is to move out of California. After that I would just disconnect from the internet, sell my TV's and radio's and live a simpler life.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...-olive-gardens

If the experiment is a success than 185,000 will go to part time.
    FEN

Quote Originally Posted by Roncool View Post
    I am not rich just doing my best to become rich . I can not except the out come of this election. I just can not What do I do? I feel trapped especial in California
    I would do as acmanko said. Get the hell out of California for starters. We get all you guys rejects here in the Austin area. I liken them to those who could not make it in their own state and decided to move. All I hear is how wonderful California is and how bad Texas sucks. Well then get the hell out I say. They are trying to turn us into California. What's funny is that Austin is very liberal, but everything around it is conservative as hell. It only gets liberal again on the border and maybe a county here and there around the state. As far as Obama being president, he is president, nothing you can do about it. I didn't vote for him, but all we can do is make the best of a bad situation and hope he does well. Because if he does, then we all will.
    I like DIY'ers. They pay better to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    How can you say something like that. Most people who cannot handle reality end up committing suicide. You act as if 4 years is an eternity. First thing I would recommend is to move out of California. After that I would just disconnect from the internet, sell my TV's and radio's and live a simpler life.
    What will change in 4 years We would have to go into a depression and the stock market would need to crash, along with any housing recover before we would change to the Government we should have . At 25 4 years is a cake walk. At sixty it's not. it's more then Obama . It's a mind set our contatution is hanging from a thread. You could impeach obama and he would not accept it and change the laws and Pelocy(sp) would read the law change after the fact. Not seeing a lot of light at the end of the tunnel here. As far as California is concerned I have spent 12 years building a business here I make money I have family and friends here I have roots here It's not just me . Can't just up and move. I would have to sell everything at a loss and start over and at 60 thats impossible

Well there is this old saying. "When given lemons, make Lemonade"

I really don't understand why people are freaking out about tax cuts expiring. The Bush tax cuts were in effect in the 90's and business did ok back then. If new taxes were going into effect it would be one thing. Obamacare may well be a tax but why are you not providing your employees with some type of health care coverage? It's not like you have to pay 100% of the premium. Or is it you don't want health insurance for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I really don't understand why people are freaking out about tax cuts expiring. The Bush tax cuts were in effect in the 90's and business did ok back then. If new taxes were going into effect it would be one thing. Obamacare may well be a tax but why are you not providing your employees with some type of health care coverage? It's not like you have to pay 100% of the premium. Or is it you don't want health insurance for yourself?
    I should have the rite to CHOOSE!!!

You do have a choice, either get health care or pay a penalty

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast