Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wrong house!!!

Yesterday I drove by this place and remembered this. Ever happen to you?

A few months ago I went an apartment to work on an a/c. Guy answers door and says ok...it's over there. About an hour and a half later with clean evap and about a pound of 22 added i get a call from dispatch asking where I was. I said I had given my 20 but they said the customer was on the phone asking where I was. It is amazing how similar G st. sounds like E st. when you are on the radio. Dumb luck that the address was the same. I hate giving away time!
    I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart.

At least there wasn't a changeout involved...

Better to lose just time instead of time and stuff
    Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey. It's unwise to pay too little.
    When you pay too much, you lose a little money -- that is all. When you pay too little, you may lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot -- it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

Hasn't happened to me yet... but it will I'm sure. I've been sent to the wrong address many times. A knock on the door, my introductory line "so, you're having some problems with your A/C?" A weird look from the home owner.... a walk of shame back to the truck and a "happy" phone call to the guy who sent me there lol.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

ROFLMAO.

I just did that today.

The guy left me work on his furnace, when I couldn't find anything wrong, he finally told me he didn't call anybody for service, what a bite.

But he did give me directions to the right place.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

we installed a frunace in the wrong home once....

Back in the day, in our small town nobody locked the doors. We were given the wrong house number, ripped out the furnace and installed the new one. As we were finishing up, the cutomer we were supposed to install the furnace for, saw our truck in the neighbors driveway, came over to ask if we were going to get his in this afternoon....

Merry Christmas to the neighbor. What's worse is the house that we did it on, needed it worse than the guy who came over.

Uhhhh... It happens.

We had a plumber show up to the wrong addy for his first call. Well, sometime little after lunch the customer called the office to find out where he was, so the office called him and he told them that he was just walking into the house to collect before leaving the house with little over a grand in repairs/upgrades. Spent most of the day there and never knew he was at the wrong house.
    Poor planning on your part doesn’t necessarily constitute an emergency on my part.

We had a plumber show up to the wrong addy for his first call. Well, sometime little after lunch the customer called the office to find out where he was, so the office called him and he told them that he was just walking into the house to collect before leaving the house with little over a grand in repairs/upgrades. Spent most of the day there and never knew he was at the wrong house.
    Poor planning on your part doesn’t necessarily constitute an emergency on my part.

Well thank goodness I have yet to fix/replace someone’s unit for free because I was at the wrong house but last summer I was doing a change out and the cops showed up, they waited outside till I cam out and then when they seen me coming out of the house asked me to step over with them and gave me a whole list of questions about 3 minutes in 2 little boys cam out of the house next door and told the police I wasn’t supposed to be there because their dad (they phoned him at work) said they was not getting a new furnace

They had seen me taking the old out then the new furnace down the walk between the houses and thought that we was working at their house

They should have just thrown you in jail for the fun of it.

Originally posted by docholiday
    They should have just thrown you in jail for the fun of it.

they would have had one heck of a winter with all the times their gas or electric just happened to be shut off in the middle of the night

I was finishing up a change out several years ago when Mrs HO came in and started screaming, and I could hear her running all over the upstairs and within minutes the house was full of policemen when they came sneaking down the basement stairs. Their hands were over their holsters like they were ready to draw their guns. They put me in handcuffs took me upstairs and demanded to know what I did with the TV, Sterio, Computer and refrigerator. I told them. Mr.H.O. brothers came over a loaded all that stuff up. Ask me to move my truck so they could back up into the garage and unload a junky refrigerator.
    Neither Him or Her had any brothers. My supervisor and then the owner of the company had to come down and clear me and the police still acted like I pulled the whole thing off.
    IcyFlame

Originally posted by icyflame
    My supervisor and then the owner of the company had to come down and clear me and the police still acted like I pulled the whole thing off.
    That sucks!
    I will enter His gates with thanksgiving in my heart.

I have never worked on the wrong house but have knocked on the wrong door a few times. Same numbered house just on different street.

I hate when that happens!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast