Niagara AX Andover integration

What if any drivers are available to talk to infinity field controllers? I think I remember a 232 driver that allows integration through the big orange main panel. I really don't wanna go that route. I have a special place in mind for that big orange antique.

The only way I know of communicating to the field controllers is with the Infinity Driver offered. It does not integrate directly to the field bus. It relies on a serial connection to the andover "big orange main panel" to communicate to the system just as you would with hyperterminal. It definately has it quirks, but it may be the best of whats available.

I think that you can use a BCX to convert from Infinet to Bacnet.

Quote Originally Posted by matcai View Post
    Hmm I will look for some more info on this BCX.

Quote Originally Posted by matcai View Post
    a bCX will not work on a Infinet bus... it only works with a Bacnet MSTP bus

Quote Originally Posted by exwtk View Post
    a bCX will not work on a Infinet bus... it only works with a Bacnet MSTP bus
    Ok, that was the conclusion I was coming to as I was looking through the literature. Well that just sucks! I can't believe driver developer don't have something to talk directly on the 485 field bus. Anybody have experience using the current tridium Infinity driver that talks to the AC256? Will it discover field devices, and all points connected to the AC256?

As a worst-case scenario, could you use a NetController II to convert from InfiNet to BACnet? I saw worst case because I'm guessing that thing is not cheap...