Hybrid View

Carrier 30LA Chiller

I would like to be able to download operational data (i.e. logs) from a carrier 30LA series chiller. I guess it would be similar to what can be taken from the York chillers using the print function and hyperterminal.
    Do I need a specific service tool for the carrier chiller and if so is it readily avaiable?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by cameront View Post
    I would like to be able to download operational data (i.e. logs) from a carrier 30LA series chiller. I guess it would be similar to what can be taken from the York chillers using the print function and hyperterminal.
    Do I need a specific service tool for the carrier chiller and if so is it readily avaiable?
    Thanks in advance.
    That is a model # I'm unfamiliar with. You will need some sort of BMS computer to get the information, with a BACnet or similar card.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Its approx 13 years old, water cooled, the LA maybe just an Aus version of a Carrier 30 series chiller. It has the DSIO and PSIO, EXV drivers etc. I have read recently there is a service tool but it appears to be a "secret squirrel service tool" and no one I know in Aus wants to share. Will keep looking

I would think if has a CCN protocol then Network service tool 5 or even ivu can satisfy your needs. Service Tool 5 should work just fine.

Its approx 13 years old, water cooled, the LA maybe just an Aus version of a Carrier 30 series chiller. It has the DSIO and PSIO, EXV drivers etc. I have read recently there is a service tool but it appears to be a "secret squirrel service tool" and no one I know in Aus wants to share. Will keep looking

Thanks,

You confirmed what I though and yes It does have CCN protocol - will chase down a copy of the service tool somewhere.

P.S. I really dont want to have to purchase a copy as I only have 2 out of 4 chillers left of this type. Two of them will be replaced shortly due to failed cooler vessles.

Well if the replacements are Carrier there will still be a CCN . If not well stop rupturing these tubes!!!!

Thanks,

You confirmed what I though and yes It does have CCN protocol - will chase down a copy of the service tool somewhere.

P.S. I really dont want to have to purchase a copy as I only have 2 out of 4 chillers left of this type. Two of them will be replaced shortly due to failed cooler vessles.