+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane screw chiller

Post Likes

Trane screw chiller

Alarm indicates a low refrigerant liquid level in circuit #2, however my subcooling is 20F. The rest of my readings show:
    EXV 100% OPEN
    Liquid level (-1.7)
    Evaporator pressure 27.8
    Evaporator approach 11.8
    Condenser pressure 125
    Condenser approach 16
    Discharge superheat 42.5
    Sight Glass (NO bubbles)
    Liquid line filter drier (No temperature differental)
    Leaving chill water: 44F
    Entering chill water: 60F

Any idea what it could be? I suspect it is a refrigerant restriction somewhere mabye in the EXV, but I was able to see the stem of the EXV move in and out. Could the EXV still have a restriction but be mechanicaly ok?

Post Likes
    It would help if you posted the model and serial number....

Is this the RTWD100 chiller Serial # U08L02012 in Hawaii?

Also, where are you taking your temperature and pressure readings to determine subcooling?

Post Likes
    Ur exv should not be 100% open -/ remember that ur chiller wants to stay running no matter what ,. Low liquid level- ur -1.7 is not correct at all,. Should maintain 0.0
    In condenser and evap,.I would be looking for oil residue /- also u might want to think about weighting the charge. And ur approach is way out of wack- u have a few things going on here,. Could very well be dirty tubes

Post Likes
    this sounds a touch familiar! this thread is in the pro chillers sections where this tech can't look...competing companies on the same job?
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Really.,/- well hope they get it squared away
    Might see theses guys in the octagon going toe to toe.,

Can I have ring side seats

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    ...Can I have ring side seats
    i will sit next to you! you get the popcorn i'll get the beers!
    "Right" is not the same as "Wise".

Don't step on my favorite part of the Constitution just to point out your favorite part.

Just because you can measure it, doesn't mean it is important. Just because you can't measure it, doesn't mean it isn't important.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by milkyway View Post
    Really.,/- well hope they get it squared away
    Might see theses guys in the octagon going toe to toe.,

Can I have ring side seats
    Well worth the price of ringside seats if the Canadian Crusher joins the stoush!
    Necessity is the mother of invention

Post Likes
    I was able to override both circuit EXV's to open 100% and compared the two. The one that im working on only open up 50% when looking through the sight glass while the other one looks like a 100% open. Tried banging it with a wrench to see if it was stuck but that did not work. Gonna change out the EXV motor. You guys are funny!

Post Likes
    Increased1

I was able to override both circuit EXV's to open 100% and compared the two. The one that im working on only open up 50% when looking through the sight glass while the other one looks like a 100% open. Tried banging it with a wrench to see if it was stuck but that did not work. Gonna change out the EXV motor. You guys are funny!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in