HELP! Any Brand of Furnace that is...

80%, 130k BTU, Downflow? York is out of stock, looking for other options. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Must be a really large house? To use that large of a furnace in our area (Kansas City MO.), you'd need at least 2500-3000 sq. ft. What did your manual J figure come up with and don't tell me you just sized from old unit (or even worse measured the door width to furnace room). You must be heating a barn, or large shop?

Try a different brand. Here are a few to get you started. Carrier, Lennox, Rheem, Coleman, Maytag, Goodman, Payne, Thermal-Pride. There are others as well, maybe someone else will come along with more suggestions.

AS/Trane have 140K downflow 80. Rheem has 150K last I knew.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Must be a really large house? To use that large of a furnace in our area (Kansas City MO.), you'd need at least 2500-3000 sq. ft. What did your manual J figure come up with and don't tell me you just sized from old unit (or even worse measured the door width to furnace room). You must be heating a barn, or large shop?
    Woah Woah Woah Pal, don't kill the messenger. FYI we have people on staff who strictly do load calculations. How do you do you go from a request for a new unit type, to questioning if I sized by measuring a door, some nerve. Lastly, we ARE doing a large structure, a medical building for elder people and finding units to heat the building quickly is a top priority which is why I was asking for help in the first place. I enjoy this website for the people who come on to give true advice, rather than those who come on to bash and question your every move. Thank you to those who did offer alternatives. We ended up using Armstrong Air.

Sorry for upsetting you kiddo! Sounds like you've found a unit. I just returned from a home of about 1450 sq. ft. where HO found "a buddy" who could get him a new furnace thru a local supply house and so he got a 120k, 95% furnace for this little bitty house. Cause you can never have too much heat....right? HO built part of his ductwork from the cardboard box covering this new furnace (and duct tape of course). I could write a book listing what was wrong with this guy's HVAC system just to do with safety, let alone mis-sizing. Sorry for upsetting you, but jeezzz, you're kinda "thin skinned" aren't you?

Wahoo - Not thin skinned, just thought your second question/statement with the door sizing came off as a little demeaning, no? I appreciate the "seniors" (If I may call your 2000+ posts that ) of the site concerns for oversizing. In the end, all I am saying is that I looked for solutions and all I got was more questions.

When my father started in this business, the FIRST thing they would check for was the width of the door to the furnace room. To make sure the huge old unit would fit thru the door! Hopefully Armstrong no longer uses the "proven pilot" type electronic iginition system in their 80s. We havn't sold one in a number of years.
    The door width is old joke, used by old foggies who've been in this trade since heat began. Way back when a heating stove was called "central heat" because it was located right in middle of house!