+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carrier 48GS package unit Carbon Monoxide issue!

Post Likes
    That was the problem!!! The inducer draft motor was wired wrong. I had the brown where the purple should be! Changed these two wires and it fixed it!

Post Likes
    Glad you found and resolved the issue. I still want to know how the CO levels rose in the building

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Me too! I was thinking about that myself!

Post Likes
    So, your inducer was spinning backwards?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac wiz 79 View Post
    On the talk of carrier. Anyone have the parts app? It's been good so far. One of the carrier distributors around here has a very lackadaisical counter guy. When I'm forced to go through him I have found to sometimes double check because he has screwed up. For instance quoting me a 3ph cond motor when I knew for a fact the one in question was 1ph. Anyway, its the CE app

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
    Where did u find that app? I couldn't find it online.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by flanders View Post
    Where did u find that app? I couldn't find it online.
    http://www.carrierenterprise.com/
    On the bottom right of the page.

Post Likes
    On the talk of carrier. Anyone have the parts app? It's been good so far. One of the carrier distributors around here has a very lackadaisical counter guy. When I'm forced to go through him I have found to sometimes double check because he has screwed up. For instance quoting me a 3ph cond motor when I knew for a fact the one in question was 1ph. Anyway, its the CE app

Thanks!

Post Likes
    Your welcome. I hope you find it useful. That app prevented me from being 2 hours away with the wrong parts.

Post Likes
    Glad you found and resolved the issue. I still want to know how the CO levels rose in the building

Package units are not perfectly sealed, if theres a 10000 PPM cloud of CO surrounding the unit, some of its going to get sucked in through the seams, such as the filter door.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by craig1 View Post
    Package units are not perfectly sealed, if theres a 10000 PPM cloud of CO surrounding the unit, some of its going to get sucked in through the seams, such as the filter door.
    Makes total sense.

Post Likes
    Ran a call the other day identical to this thread. Odor was strong with CO levels around 15ppm. Heat exchanger was ok and draft motor rotating the right way. No economizer package to allow extra infiltration. Long story short gas valve inlet 7.9 outlet 6.0. Natural gas. Replace valve all good. The previous response to my question sunk in much more after this call

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by helsonbm View Post
    Everything is basically new. New heat exchanger, inducer assembly, back plate, gas valve, and the 2 inshot burners. I called Carrier and there is no regulator or flame retainer for this piece of equipment. They doubled checked too. The alignment of the burner is right on as well. Sealed with high temp caulk, didn't go crazy with it but there is plenty to make a good seal. Not sure what else to check. The outlet pressure is a least 3.5 to 3.7. That model was a 48GS-030060301 by the way.
    I had this problem. Cleaned the soot from the burner and seems to be working. I plan to go back and pull the inducer and look at it.
    Alvin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in