Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by shaygetz View Post
    One of the things I appreciate in God's patience towards us is that it allows folks to braid the rope they hang themselves with...the Taliban are already having a field day with this, I'm certain that our nation's other enemies are also taking note.
    Read a report the other day that most folks in Europe are laughing at the USA over this infatuation with sex scandals. Europe is not so Victorian about sex... so over there it is not a big deal. Personally, while I would not get involved in an affair (it is just self destructive as well as sin)... I think society would be better if the USA lost that scandal mentality about sex.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Been fussing about this for decades! There always seems to be something 'newsworthy' when something that is REALLY newsworthy is never covered. Trusting a govt (regardless of which) is like p*ssing into the wind... why we do it is beyond me. What I do know is; we WILL regret it someday.

Obama may be trying to get bengazi off the headlines, but Pet is testifying anyway in spite of earlier reports. There may lie the real scandal.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Personally, I believe the business world decided to go into survival mode when they saw the results of the election... they will poke up their heads to look around a little before the mid-term elections. We will see massive lay-offs, closings, bankruptcies, etc. And it is ALL because folks think they can get something for nothing from the govt... Anyhow, back on topic;

Between now and then... the economy will go in the TANK! IMO what BHO is doing... is trying to divert attention away from the economy going into the tank... however I do not think even he is that good of a spin artist.

No, I think by the time it warms up next Spring... if not sooner... folks will know the mistake they made at the polls... And the MidTerm elections will be a swing to the RIGHT (both the right side of the political aisle, as well as the RIGHT way to do things).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Personally, I believe the business world decided to go into survival mode when they saw the results of the election... they will poke up their heads to look around a little before the mid-term elections. We will see massive lay-offs, closings, bankruptcies, etc. And it is ALL because folks think they can get something for nothing from the govt... Anyhow, back on topic;

Between now and then... the economy will go in the TANK! IMO what BHO is doing... is trying to divert attention away from the economy going into the tank... however I do not think even he is that good of a spin artist.

No, I think by the time it warms up next Spring... if not sooner... folks will know the mistake they made at the polls... And the MidTerm elections will be a swing to the RIGHT (both the right side of the political aisle, as well as the RIGHT way to do things).
    I sort of agree while disagreeing at the same time. Seems to me like the Pet affair will be off the news 3 months from now in any case, whereas the economy woes will not. So it seems like a useless temporary distraction for that use. Might have been useful before the election for that purpose, not now. IMHO the bengazi thing makes more sense as a thing desired to be forgotten.

I do agree with your economic pessimism.

The Pet news breaking now could simply be coincidence. If a distraction I am betting on the bengazi fiasco. There was an early report from the CIA that Pet would not be testifying after the affair became public, maybe the plan was to discredit and dismiss him to oblivion of "nobody cares what you may have to say". I suppose it could be simple vindictive retribution, but I am sure Obama is above that. [intellectually]

As for Americans realizing their mistake at the polls, I am not going to count on that one again, we just went down that path recently. I have more to say about that, but it belongs in some other thread.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Well no scandal......McCaine still nuts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12