Thread: Lon Ax Question

Lon Ax Question

Don't have much experience with Lon.

I have a building with some VAV controllers that were replaced with stand alone Lon Spyders. I can't seem to connect to the spyders through AX. I brought a new Lon Spyder home with me to mess around with, but I can't connect to it.

I'm just trying to connect to it through my local workbench. My only Lon experience is with Lonspec, and I didn't have any issues. Just looking for a step by step to connect to the lon spyders through my local machine.

If you simply add a lon network in AX you should be able to discover any lon device. If you push the service pin your device should show up. I added a screenshot of how my lon network is set.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That what I was doing, but when I go to discover......the progress bar doesn't move.

I think it's a problem with my setup of my lon card. I'm able to ping a controller through the Lonworks Interface.

Assuming your station is running on your computer and the LonNetwork is not in a fault state, then I would suggest reloading the lon driver on your computer. You can find the most up to date driver at echelon.com (OpenLDV Driver). Are you using the Lon USB interface or PCMCIA?

Do you have the domain set in the Lon Network configuration?
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

My Lon network status is ok. I'm using a PCC-10. I did reload the software, once. I'm able to ping a controller through the Lonworks software.

As far domain set.....I only see working domain in my local device and it's not changeable.

I think Dapper is referring to your settings for the Domain ID under LonNetwork>Properties>Lon Netmgnt. By default, the Niagara Domain length will be 0.

Try this, go to the Lon Utilities manager and select Identify on the left drop down and service pin on the right drop down. Then hit the service pin on the spyder and see if the nueron id and domain display.

If this is a new spyder (will have a sidways 2 on the sticker by the model number) you will have to reflash the firware back if you are not using the new tool.
    Go Rangers!

I finally got some real time today to mess around. And dumbass me was trying to discover with just the config.bog file.....not a running station. All good, but thanks for the help.