+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If your Furnace has cracked HX is contractor required to leave space heater

Post Likes

If your Furnace has cracked HX is contractor required to leave space heater

In California, I believe code says if HX is bad you must be given a quote right away. Are contractors also required to leave you wih temp heat like a 120V portable heater?

Post Likes
    Moved to Tech to Tech.

Post Likes
    I'd get a dozen or so quotes if that were the case then I wouldn't need a new HX!

Post Likes
    Surely not, it's not the contractors responsibility to keep everyone warm. I do that for customers sometimes but that is ridiculous If its required

Post Likes
    We offer them as a last resort if the furnace can't be repaired or replaced that day, but usually its only if they are getting us to do the work as in they paid for the parts that need ordered or replacement is sold and scheduled. Not required but we always try to go above and beyond.

Post Likes
    since I started doing service work, i have worked at a company that never gave them out. Then I went to a large commercial company, where i was in energy and automation and the opportunity never came up. The last company did kept me mostly on military base but did have a space heater in every service van. So I am on my own now and was thinking maybe code changed. I do get them to initial the sentence about why I shut it down and what the dangers are of turning it on plus a flyer and quote to replace before I leave. I believe code is initial and quote but started wondering about the temp heat. Now I know.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in