Hybrid View

Johson controls m-collector

I work at a facility using johnson controls M3 system. We recently had the hard drive crash on the pc and had to reinstall all of the software. Everything seemed to go fine, except I can not get the m-collector to stay running. It crashes with some fatal error after a few minutes and the log file does not seem to indicate anything helpful. I have also tried to resintall the software several times now and I still end up with the same problem on the m-collector. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this figured out?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jhall692 View Post
    I work at a facility using johnson controls M3 system. We recently had the hard drive crash on the pc and had to reinstall all of the software. Everything seemed to go fine, except I can not get the m-collector to stay running. It crashes with some fatal error after a few minutes and the log file does not seem to indicate anything helpful. I have also tried to resintall the software several times now and I still end up with the same problem on the m-collector. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this figured out?

Thanks!
    my best guess is that it's some sort of problem Dcom and/or permissions...that's all I got
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

what OS are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by vaultein View Post
    what OS are you using?
    Windows 2000 SP4. It is version 5.4, but I have found in my troubleshooting that version 5.0 doesn't do this. I only get the error when going to version 5.4. The thing is, this PC was using version 5.4 without a problem before the hard drive crashed.

you've transferred all you ODBC data sources to the new OS ... and the default database?
    1 + 1 = 3 ( *** for very large values of 1)

...everybody wants a box of chocolates and long stemmed rose

Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    you've transferred all you ODBC data sources to the new OS ... and the default database?
    Originally I was trying to recover my old data, now I have tried setting it up completely from scratch. I still get the error even doing that. I think I will resort to just installing version 5.0 and leaving it at that.