theatre room ideas for heating/cooling, ventilation

I have a client who is putting in a theater room in a basement addition, the room is going to be 20x14x10ft high, 3 outside walls, the basement is already dug, and now is awaiting my expertise. Has anyone ever done a theatre room, this is going to be an inclining theater room. My thoughts is to put in floor heat in the cement floor for winter, there are a couple of heaqt runs from the existing basement for the cooling end of it. What about ventilation for the room, I was thinking we would need some kind of ventilation, I have only 16 in to work with to get above ground level from the basement ceiling. Its either that or I build a small mechanical room and duct the furnace down and just bring fresh air in, I would want the heat runs on the floor to warm the floor. Any thoughts, ideas? time is of the essence, client is waiting for proposal, job is in michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by zuke19 View Post
    I have a client who is putting in a theater room in a basement addition, the room is going to be 20x14x10ft high, 3 outside walls, the basement is already dug, and now is awaiting my expertise. Has anyone ever done a theatre room, this is going to be an inclining theater room. My thoughts is to put in floor heat in the cement floor for winter, there are a couple of heaqt runs from the existing basement for the cooling end of it. What about ventilation for the room, I was thinking we would need some kind of ventilation, I have only 16 in to work with to get above ground level from the basement ceiling. Its either that or I build a small mechanical room and duct the furnace down and just bring fresh air in, I would want the heat runs on the floor to warm the floor. Any thoughts, ideas? time is of the essence, client is waiting for proposal, job is in michigan.
    Tricky bussiness! Slab heat is nice but slow to respond to occasional use. Slab heat is best used where the temp is setup in fall and left for the season. Also, this type of heat will not respond to the heat of occupants and equipment heat. If the use is occasional, many are using radient electric. The space is warmed quickly and the operation is quiet.
    Using the central space heating equipment is difficult because of the demand to space while rest of house's needs are diffferent.
    Fresh air for the space and in fact the whole house during calm weather are also important. Smoking also may change the needs. 7 cfm per occupancy design of fresh filtered air is suggested for non-smoking space. Double the number for smoking plus add direct exhaust to avoid smoke moving throughout the home.
    Moisture control is will also be important. Your climate has outdoor dew point from 0^F-+80^F that must be addressed. Moisture from the occupants also should be considered. The amount of fresh air and the number of occupants determine the amount of moisture to be removed. The a/c dehumidification is minimal because low cooling loads. You have have a choice of deal with the whole house or just the new space. Most homes do not have good fresh air ventilation and dehumidification systems. It may be better to provide a fresh air ventilation/dehumidification that also deals with whole house including the new space. Or a smaller dedicated system to save cost. Systems like the Ultra-Aire wholehouse ventilating dehumidifer are available for large or small systems.
    100 cfm of fresh air plus .3 lbs. per occupant may require 4 lbs. of dehumidification per hour of dehumdification. Dehumidification is require 24/7 when the outdoor dew points are +60^F to avoid any musty odors that build-up during the damp time of the year.

http://www.ultra-aire.com/pdf/Ultra-...Spec_Sheet.pdf
    Remoting the dehumidifier is important to control the noise.
    Keep us posted on other questions.
    Regards TB
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"