+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RSES Study Material vs Nate Study Guides etc

Post Likes

RSES Study Material vs Nate Study Guides etc

I am in a HVAC program at school and have been an apprentice for 8 months. I have found out that I don't have a strong active RSES chapter here in Northern Virginia. Are there still benefits to joining besides being able to there events, I see in my area there is only one event in the next 2 months. I am sure they are great, but like I said I do not think I have a active chapter. Secondly is utilizing RSES study material on par with the Nate study material, does RSES offer certifications like Nate? I found this link and was told this study material comes highly recommended.

Anyway, just trying to utilize study material to support my on the job training and classroom time. Any suggestions.

http://www.prokupmediastore.com/Air-...ning_c_32.html

Sorry this isn't the right place to post, but this seems to be the most active thread. Hopefully Supertek65 will lend some advice

Post Likes
    Great web site. Looks like some very informative materials for learning the trade. I'm currently in HVAC school and looking to gain whatever knowledge I can find. I look forward to hear what any of the pros have to comment on it.

Post Likes
    I have most of the material on that site.

Skills management systems material is pretty good.
    Especially the properties of air cd.

I got some of that same stuff through rses, esco and even johnstone supply.

Obviously rses is best.

Carrier training manuals are excellent!!!

Trane clinics are good.

Honeywell grey manual should keep you reading for a while and it is free!!

The original nate yellow book is really good! Ebay

Trane air conditioning manual excellent.

Carrier design manual complete set!

I guess it depends what you want to learn first?

Post Likes
    are any of these on dvd? where do you recommend I start? I want to see troubleshooting tutorials, learn the low voltage wiring of different models and brands, basic repair of condensing units and gas furnace for residential.

Post Likes
    Ok,I just signed up for the a student membership at RSES. Anything else to take advantage of besides discounted study materials.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by sto2299001 View Post
    are any of these on dvd? where do you recommend I start? I want to see troubleshooting tutorials, learn the low voltage wiring of different models and brands, basic repair of condensing units and gas furnace for residential.
    Get involved, go to the meetings (if you can). Not only is the organization a wonderful resource, but so are the other members at the meetings. But you do have to speak up and be heard and ask the questions about what you don't understand.

I know you want to learn and that is good. But make it more about sharing knowledge. Teach someone else some that you do know about. Everyone has something to give another in this trade. You will be surprised how much better your understanding becomes once you have to explain something to someone else. It is rewarding.
    Can someone please explain to me -
    Why is there never enough time to do it right the first time, but plenty of time to do it twice?

Please view site rules: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=1241

Apply for Pro Membership: http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=116113

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in