ZI could use some help in figuring out what software I need to access a control system.

I had tons of fun calling different depts of hw trying to find out what I need.
    in the end I was told I need csoft

would any one be able to fill me in on what this is? where I can get it if I can get it?
    thanks
    I may do another site visit in the morning and get some model and serial of the controllers

right now I have a main board with an expansion bord for outputs on it then theres several boards with imputs from room sensors and some outputs for vav dampers (24v a/c drive open drive closed
    three rtus only
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

CNAP?
    You have master/slave boards and also expansion I/O with red LED lights?
    In short, it's a miserable system and you won't get much (if any) support. This is a classic replacement situation.

Yep, probably W7600 series.

Sysiant - well duh I'd love to replace it with something nice and shiny - but thats not likely to happen anytime soon.
    I am going to make recomdations to the ppty mgr but it will take a year or two for that to happen. the building owner is not likely to upgrade unless its reallly necessary and the fact is - if someone else locally comes in and fixes it up I may well loose the account.

in the mean time how about some help on obtaining csoft?
    hmmmm?

I did access through hyperterminal and was able to noodle around to find some points all out of wack. I figured out which board to power down and power up and this fixed the problem for now.

I'm going to make up a cable to direct connect and give that a go

how about some more help? software?
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

honeywell does not want to help you. you are their competition. what i do in these situations is to find an old honeywell or johnson controls employee who has been properly trained, has all the software, and now has or works for another company. in this territory that is rather easy to do. I then use them as subcontractor to work on those older "legacy" systems as honeywell refers to them. why invest in bs software for one job? use a sub, mark em up and move on!

I guess you don't understand what I'm trying to tell you.

The system is obsolete.

The system is also a problem. I had a local ASD contract us to pull one out. --issues-- they were doing it for nothing. In went the XL5000. (it was a CBRF)

You will find many things that disappear/reappear and be re-syncing regularly.... anyway, I no longer have the dial-up node and software for this dog. -Sorry.

Sometimes you have to explain to the customer the situation and let them make the decision. I can tell you that if I were you I wouldn't want the support issues with that product. You would be better off moving on. You are much better stating your terms than trying to work with something you cannot get adequate support for.

The good news is that there are good options for the re-do that won't break the bank if you are moderately smart.

EDIT -- Maybe search for ZM7603 Monitoring software or ZM7601 config software.

This site has the W7600 junk.

[Edited by sysint on 11-07-2006 at 04:29 PM]

sysint - I do understand that this system is obsolete.

I'm between a rock and a hard place at the moment.

I will advise ppty mgr its time to up grade and paln a budget for it

I was looking for a stop gap solution for my imetiate problem - before I loose the account to a local whom can "fix"the problem

flange had a good idea

I found a local ex hywl employee whom will help me with the problem - the very guy whom built the program 15= yrs ago.

so at the moment I'm ok and the co will have to suck up some time due to the lenght of time I spent on the job

ya know this controls gig is a bit tougher than it looks

These guys can help you talk to it. http://www.enflex.net/products/drivers.html

i do this all the time. there is nothing wrong with using the right subcontractor to do the work. there are many reasons to do this. client doesnt care, just wants system fixed.

Update - I got ahold of a person whom has the correct software, I'm getting am old laptop with win 95 and I',m going to load it in there and try it - if it won't quite run I will use partition magic and dual boot into win 3.1 (I have a coppy on floppies )

Hopefully this should work pnp plug and pray

this last friday one board wouldn't put out 24v to drive the damper open - 11 v I called em and they will fix in less than a day so thats good.

ANy way thanks guys - being able to bounce ideas around with you controls guys is helpfull