Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1

    Direct replacement for Goodman pgb048075-1 rev A package unit

    Hey there,

    Just came across a customer today with a package unit g/e, that has a bad heat exchanger. I need to replace the unit with something that has the same dimensions for a downshot. Have had a little trouble this morning finding one. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this situation and has any recommendations.

    MN# PGB048075-1 REV-A

    Thank in advance for any help!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Downflow on a curb, you'll likely need a curb adapter for a new unit to work. Since Goodman units are a totally different shape now, might compare the footprint of a Rheem or basic Allied unit which are still fairly close to being square. Of course you can slap a new HX in the old beast. Goodman HXs are usually pretty low priced.

  3. #3
    This job is for one of my property management accounts. I offered a new Heat exchanger and they declined. Didn't want to wait for the part. They need to get the tenants heat asap. The homeowner wants a more efficient A/C as well. Good time to do it. I'll check out the rheem's, thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.
Comfortech 365