Florida Mech Contractor Application Appealed

Hello,

I am 21 years old and I passed the Florida mechanical contractors exam recently, but when I applied they did not give me my license. I have to go before the board and convince them I have enough experience, which I do according the application I filled out. Has anyone experience something similar to this? Can you tell me what kind of questions they may ask? I have grown up in the HVAC industry, I am third generation and know I have enough experience to hold a license.

Thank you all for help in advance.

Joey

If you have passed the test ... don't sweat the rest.

Take Generation I or II with you. They just want to make sure the math adds up.

I understand where they are coming from.
    Do not attempt vast projects with
    half vast experience and ideas.

Afaik, the only time/experience requirement is 4 yrs (OTJ, school, or various combinations) to be verified by an existing CAC, CMC, CBC, or CGC license holder. Are they not able to verify your experience?

They had access to all of my experience. When I was notified, all they said was that they are questioning my experience. I am a senior in college as well so that should add even more to my experience.

I'm guessing its age related. A notarized letter from the license holder certifying your experience should clear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    I'm guessing its age related. A notarized letter from the license holder certifying your experience should clear it up.
    Thanks for the advice, my grandfather has already lined up 3 contractors willing to do so.