Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KMC Tridium module

Has anyone signed onto the KMC Tridium module software agreement? I'm wondering what advantage if any this module has. I have created networks on the bench with KMC controllers and had no difficulty bringing in points etc. Is there any other advantage to using this module? Can the controllers be programmed through this module?
    Just wondering what value I would get for the cost.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Quote Originally Posted by dapper View Post
    Has anyone signed onto the KMC Tridium module software agreement? I'm wondering what advantage if any this module has. I have created networks on the bench with KMC controllers and had no difficulty bringing in points etc. Is there any other advantage to using this module? Can the controllers be programmed through this module?
    Just wondering what value I would get for the cost.
    Curious as well here and Dapper shoot me a PM with the cost and the agreement specifics

I got it for free from Lynxspring and didn't have to sign anything. It lets you program through Niagara instead of using BACstage.

KMC is charging for it I believe $$$$$

The current version doesn't allow offline programming or cut & paste. There is supposed to be a new rev in September that adds these.
    Last edited by Chris_Worthington; 07-19-2011 at 06:21 PM. Reason: Removed Price

Don't bother with it at this point. I would rather use BACstage as outdated as it is.
    It took actually learning something to realize how much I had to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by controlgeek View Post
    I got it for free from Lynxspring and didn't have to sign anything. It lets you program through Niagara instead of using BACstage.

KMC is charging for it I believe $$$$$

The current version doesn't allow offline programming or cut & paste. There is supposed to be a new rev in September that adds these.
    Same here, free from Lynxspring
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

One wonders if there are any ruffled feathers out there if the same file costs $$$$$ from one source and $0.00 from another.

Someone out there is probably not happy over that...

I don't think the no fees associated are quite true. I think you still have to be a Lynxspring partner and pay their anual fee to get access to the module on their side. I know we are both KMC and Lynxspring dealers at this point.

What I find more curious is that Lynxspring partnered with KMC for a BACnet line instead of Distech which they already rebrand.
    It took actually learning something to realize how much I had to learn.

willf, how does Lynxspring's annual fee stack up with KMC's when you add the additional for the Tridium module? Considering how many guys I have the KMC fee is a little painful.
    "Controls is a lifestyle not a job" -klrogers

Am I wrong in assuming the "module" is a jar file? How the heck do you keep that from being passed around? I understand why they pragmatically give it away for free but how do they (KMC) charge for it?

Quote Originally Posted by BACnet View Post
    Am I wrong in assuming the "module" is a jar file? How the heck do you keep that from being passed around? I understand why they pragmatically give it away for free but how do they (KMC) charge for it?
    I was wondering the same thing. I know they do it with drivers, but not plain modules.

The one I got from Lynxspring is a jar file. I suppose they can charge for it if they have it and you don't have another avenue to obtain it.

It's probably like any other module, you have to be licensed to use it in your license file. For example if you're JACE is not licensed for LON it will not work.

Therefore you could pass it around to everyone you know and unless they are licensed it will not work.

Is this for KMC BACnet controllers only, or will it work with older KMD controllers as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast