Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Siemens Windows CIS Manual

Just given a copy of CIS 2.1.1. I have never been into a Siemens system. Plugged into a apogee controler couldnt get around very well. Does anyone have a manual for this software. It is titled Windows CIS 2.1.1 and I am running on a XP machine.

Thanks.
    You are who you are and where you are because of what you think.

Well Then.

CIS is not meant for panels. It is designed to communicate with the Siemens TEC's only.

I see from your other post that you've figured this out already.

You don't really need a manual for CIS. What you need is a manual for the TEC's, so that you know what you are looking at. CIS is simply the window into the TEC, if you have no HVAC knowledge and a TEC manual, then CIS is useless or even worse, "dangerous".
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The Dingman's webpage, featuring the Ding_Z

Plenty of HVAC knowledge, limited Siemens knowledge. Thanks for the help with the hyper terminal question. Would you happen to have a manual on the TEC's and possibly a navigation manual on the hyper terminal for the Apogee?
    You are who you are and where you are because of what you think.

I am sure that anyone on this site posting these questions knows what they are doing.
    The thing we do not know is how to say "no", and that is why we often find ourselves in unknown waters
    The TEC controllers use Hyperterminal
    commands are entered by punching letters,followed by enter I recall the default username/password is HIGH HIGH
    B is to log out
    ANTDS enter will bring up the zones on the system
    tpe in the zone number and hit enter

PMS enter starts the point monitor, this will allow you to view points
    PCV enter to command the point
    punch in the point name and hit enter
    POPN enter release the point
    punch in the point name and hit enter
    ANTICS enter will also control points
    AICR enter if you need to access a TEC on a field network.
    punch in the zone number (TEC address) ...01,02 03 etc.
    and hit enter
    that should bring up the subpoints
    punch in the subpoint number and hit enter

ctrl s stops the screen from scrolling
    ctrl q resumes the scroll.
    Each TEC comes from the factory with a default program

Many times the program type is pasted on the back of the controller progam
    I recall point #1 0r 2 has the program number type
    If I can dig up anymore information then I will gladly post it.
    I am sure you will not bring down the Siemens world
    And if you do meess up then that means job security for the control guys
    Just document everything you do in case something goes wrong

Quote Originally Posted by seawolf 1 View Post
    Plenty of HVAC knowledge, limited Siemens knowledge.
    Good enough for me.

Thanks for the help with the hyper terminal question. Would you happen to have a manual on the TEC's and possibly a navigation manual on the hyper terminal for the Apogee?
    You'll want the TEC manual that matches the specific "application" of the TEC's you have on site. The application # is shown in subpoint 02 of the TEC.

Probably you have a VAV with HW\reheat and so have an application of 2023, or 2025 if it has a fan.

Or dual duct or heat pumps, ect, all diff "applications".
    Dingman from Iowa~
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

Forgive my assumptions, but I'm going to assume that you are a balancer trying to do a final balance on a system.

For the TECs: There's a lot of different TEC applications. For balancing purposes though, the process is the same. After you're plugged in and moving, press the right arrow key until you have the "Reports" tab highlighted, press enter, then select Balancing. On that list there should be points "Air Volume" (point #35) and "Flow Coeff" (point #36), among anything else you should need to monitor/record/change.

Set the set point (using the room sensor) to as low as it'll go, wait for it to open the damper, take your flow reading, compare it to what the TEC reads and use the formula ((Measured/Calculated) * Flow Coeff) = New Flow Coeff.

As far as entering the new flow coefficient in, you'll have to use left and right to get to SET, and then enter in the password. I believe it's "bonzai" or "banzai" or something like that.

Change the set point to as high as it'll go, wait a bit and check heat sources.

Of course, that's just for a really basic teminal box. If you get back to me with the application number (point #2) I can see about getting you a full sequence of operations.

As far as commanding things through the field panel, my only recommendation is to contact the Siemens PM over the project and let them know you're going to need someone to adjust set points and move dampers/valves, start pumps, etc. With proper engineering and programming you can "idiot-proof" control of an air-handler, but many a damper/ductwork has been sucked in because someone assumes that closing a return air damper opens an outside air damper.

That caveat being said, here's some keypress shortcuts:

PL Lists points, blank for all, wildcards (*) allowed
    PCV Commands a point to a value (? brings up a list)
    POPN Releases a point from override
    ANTL Lists TECs, application, address
    shift+3 (#) will bring you back to the main menu from anywhere

Talking

seawolf 1 i`ll send you the manual and a newer version of wcis with terminal emulation so you can use it to talk to both field panels and tec`s it helps to have the newest version i`ll send you 3.0 build 29 if you have any questions feel free to ask

Siemenstech29.....

Could I trouble you for a copy as well? I've posted myself for quite some time now in search of a copy of wincis with no luck.

thanks for the consideration.

siemenstech29 - If you have a free chance, please forward that to me as well. I am a TAB tech, but also my company's IT guy, so I keep a copy of all balancing software backed up in case it is needed.

gkstriper - I have a older version of CIS, but it is for DOS. Someone sent me a WinCIS, but I haven't used it yet.
    NeonHomer
    BAS/BMS Technician/Computer Technician

The definition of cruel joke is when you start work in BAS, and you run into your old T&B employer on the job.

Neonhomer..........

I actually have the dos version. Wincis is the one i'm looking for. I'd really appreciate a copy if you had the time.

Thanks for the consideration.

Hey does anybody know how well the wincis balancing program will work with vista? havent tried it yet but i have some busy days ahead of me and want to know what I need to do now. Also has anybody heard anything about some kind of attachment for my windows palm device (that I run AIRNAB on) so I can hook directly up with the handheld and balance boxes? A siemens guy told me there was something like that, similar to the Johnson VMA's. Thanks for any help

Yes, there's a version that works on PDA's with windows. The PDA of course needs a serial port of some sort and then use the same cable you use with your laptop.

I heard of someone who just copied the version from the laptop to the PDA and got it to work, but can't confirm that.
    Dingman from Iowa~

Quote Originally Posted by siemenstech29 View Post
    seawolf 1 i`ll send you the manual and a newer version of wcis with terminal emulation so you can use it to talk to both field panels and tec`s it helps to have the newest version i`ll send you 3.0 build 29 if you have any questions feel free to ask
    HI siemenstech29.i also am a tab tech,could i get a coy of the manual,it would be nice to set up the balancer tool properly. thanks.
    AIRFLOW IS CRITICAL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast