Post Likes

Trane BCU IP address change

Well, my readings have lead me to believe this may not be possible without Trane's software. The telnet interface through the IP connection leads me to nothing that looks like I can modify the address. This particular device is simply exposing points to the BACnet side.

Is there anything to be done without pinning out a cable and having access to Tracer stuff?

Out of town for this one, and no one wants to wait for a Trane service call to get it re-IP'd. Building is getting turned back over to the owner shortly when the lease is up, so we're taking the controls off the tenant's corporate network and turning over a working system with the building.

Post Likes
    Do you have Tracer Summit yourself or there locally? The software is provided with that to change the IP. If it is already IP then it is fairly simple to change it. You use the IP Validation software that is installed with Summit.

Post Likes
    No Trane Summit anywhere. Building rep says "If Trane installed that panel, wouldn't they have left the relevant software?" I tried really hard not to laugh at that.

Thanks for the reply though! I gave up and told them they'd have to get Trane involved.

Post Likes
    scrooloose, to see the config of a BCU would a laptop copy of Summit work? Would the Tracer Summit software have to be the same version as that of the installed BCU?

Post Likes
    It would spit a surprising amount of info out through IP telnet, but nothing seemed to be modifiable. Just FYI

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controls21 View Post
    scrooloose, to see the config of a BCU would a laptop copy of Summit work? Would the Tracer Summit software have to be the same version as that of the installed BCU?
    Yes a laptop copy would work. The software needs to be equal or greater to the site version.

Post Likes
    Does the customer (where the BCU is) not have Tracer Summit installed on a machine? There is a BCU config tool in the Bin folder where Summit is installed on the PC. You can change the IP from here, just know that the BCU will reboot after the change.

Post Likes
    Previous tenant take the PC with Summit on it?
    Beware of the prophet trying to make a profit.

There is less oxygen from knee level to the floor! Check it out next time you tie your boots.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by qtip View Post
    Previous tenant take the PC with Summit on it?
    This would be my guess. It could have been installed on a customer PC that found it's way out of the building.

Post Likes
    This is the 3rd building I've seen in the last few months with a BCU and zero Trane software anywhere. Usually just has a few Chillers on it. The people left at the building were the ones moving everything out, and they knew nothing about it.