Post Likes

Mitsubishi city multi BACnet HD-150 problems

Hope someone can help. Running city multi mitsubishi vrf system with under 50 units. They are connected to BMS via an HD-150. I have no code enabled to send any commands to the hd-150. To get it to connect to the BMS I have to place the HD-150 in offline mode, then place in online mode. That makes it connect, but after 15 minutes it disconnects from the BMS. I check the HD-150 and the flag for CPU status is lit, the flag for Bacnet communication status is unlit, which means that the com is enabled and online. I check the HD-150 with the setBmadapter tool and it shows it as online as well. It will not reconnect with the BMS again until I place the HD-150 offline and then online again. I have tried a Bacnet who-is broadcast and it still is unresponsive. Also when I place the HD-150 in offline mode and then back to online, the IC units turn off and I have to turn them each back on. Has anyone else had this issue? Any ideas to correct it? I have 4 of these VRF systems installed, with HD-150's, but this is the only one that has this issue.
    Thanks

Post Likes
    Is this an existing system or a new startup? Have all of the indoor units been placed into groups through the Setting Tool? If they are not set into groups, the BAC-HD150 won't know what to broadcast out -- aka you won't have any points to pull

Post Likes
    Existing system. Are you talking about setting the IC's in groups through the G-50? Havent experimented in groups of the HD-150. When it is online I do get my BAC_DEV_* points visible and writable to the BMS server
    Last edited by DaPoP; 08-14-2015 at 04:29 PM. Reason: missed an answer

Post Likes
    The more that I think about it, the more it sounds like something fishy going on with the BAC-HD150. You may want to consider power cycling it and hitting the reset button. Should be no reason for it randomly dropping bacnet communication. You may want to put in a call to tech support for the controls department 1-800-433-4822.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MitsuJeff View Post
    The more that I think about it, the more it sounds like something fishy going on with the BAC-HD150. You may want to consider power cycling it and hitting the reset button. Should be no reason for it randomly dropping bacnet communication. You may want to put in a call to tech support for the controls department 1-800-433-4822.
    Your right, there shouldn't be any reason for it. However its our standard procedure to put a relay on them to power cycle them on comms loss... problem solved.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/