Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 129
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,954
    Ace if Texas secedes you would have to move or face a trial for treason. LOL. Thank you very much

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    Governor Perry thinks it's a bad idea. That should end speculation for you

  3. #68
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,509
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    you did notice that all most every single instance that a secession was attempted was when the states government started the secession process and it took a number of years to accomplish the task of with drawing from the Union.

    although I am hopeful Texas does secede, my son lives there so I'll have a place to stay when I move there LOL
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

    you did notice that all most every single instance that a secession was attempted was when the states government started the secession process and it took a number of years to accomplish the task of with drawing from the Union.

    although I am hopeful Texas does secede, my son lives there so I'll have a place to stay when I move there LOL
    What's scary is that IF Texas doesn't get taken over by Mexico, will they allow immigration into their "country"....would you have to denounce US citizenship? Would you like the new Texas once you did all that?

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,759
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    What's scary is that IF Texas doesn't get taken over by Mexico, will they allow immigration into their "country"....would you have to denounce US citizenship? Would you like the new Texas once you did all that?
    Interesting questions...

    I would think if we indeed had the Republic of Texas (actually was such a country back when... look it up), then yes, one would have to become a citizen of Texas (or live as a non-citizen immigrant). I would suspect, as it is now, as long as one is a US citizen (regardless of where they live), they have to pay income tax to the US govt (regardless of what tax they pay anywhere else). SOOO

    One would not make the decision to move to the Republic of Texas lightly... because it would require applying for citizenship as well as renouncing one's citizenship in the USA. Over the years, GA has thought about leaving the USA for one reason or another... and actually did some online research on this. Couple of things:
    *There is NOWHERE in the current world where one has near the freedom or rights at the USA... even including the losses we have suffered to date.
    *As noted above: One has to pay taxes to the USA unless one renounces their US citizenship.
    *If one ever chooses to re-enter the USA and apply for citizenship again... they cannot vote or own a firearm. Now a new immigrant can... but someone that left and came back cannot. Wonder what is up with that...
    SOOO: The decision to leave is kinda a one-way decision... more or less.

    Now if Texas DID succeed in seceding and forming the Republic of Texas... I would have to take a HARD look at what I was getting into before I went... probably go anyhow... as long as FREEDOM was still the foundation of the state. The one issue that would loom in my mind would be: What if the RoT (Republic of Texas) does not make it, the USA takes it over by force... and I am left without the rights I used to have as a US citizen? Hmmm... I guess under those circumstances I could live as a greencard immigrant in the USA... acting like I was poor (regardless of the truth), and live off govt services. HMMM may not be a bad deal... let those arrogant libs pay my way... <grin>

    Having said all this... I think Texas could put Mexico to shame in a fight... You just have to know the determination a Texan has... Ever wonder what it means "Don't mess with Texas"... well try it and see what happens. It is not the state, it is the folks who live there... they are motivated folks who love their freedom enough to fight for it!!! BTW: That is a good example of the founding fathers; they loved freedom enough to fight for it... that was the way the USA was formed. I guess in a round-about way... A Texan is similar to the founding fathers. OK you libs... there is something to think about!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,268
    I find it sort of hilarious and sad at the same time that many of the ones on here who talk like they love the USA so much....... would leave it at the drop of a hat if they could......

    If the chinese ever invade.....which they wont....but I got to use this as my example....

    But if the chinese ever invade I bet everyone here....US posters that is......will all be sporting "Id rather be RED than DEAD" t shirts and bumper stickers....probably some signs in their yards....

    Cause it looks like this place is full of people who would rather switch than fight.....

    It would probably just me and Glenn fighting side by side killing as many of those commie bastards as we can before they finally wear us down to the point where we are physically unable to beat another commie to death....

    While the rest of you cower in fear with the your "id rather be RED than DEAD tshirts on....and those silly chinamans caps on too.... standing their with your rice bowl and your chopsticks in your hand wondering when the food wagon is going to be by with your moldy rotten rice with rat droppings in it......and then when they scoop some of that sh*t in your bowl you will thank them.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  7. #72
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,509
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I find it sort of hilarious and sad at the same time that many of the ones on here who talk like they love the USA so much....... would leave it at the drop of a hat if they could......

    If the chinese ever invade.....which they wont....but I got to use this as my example....

    But if the chinese ever invade I bet everyone here....US posters that is......will all be sporting "Id rather be RED than DEAD" t shirts and bumper stickers....probably some signs in their yards....

    Cause it looks like this place is full of people who would rather switch than fight.....

    It would probably just me and Glenn fighting side by side killing as many of those commie bastards as we can before they finally wear us down to the point where we are physically unable to beat another commie to death....

    While the rest of you cower in fear with the your "id rather be RED than DEAD tshirts on....and those silly chinamans caps on too.... standing their with your rice bowl and your chopsticks in your hand wondering when the food wagon is going to be by with your moldy rotten rice with rat droppings in it......and then when they scoop some of that sh*t in your bowl you will thank them.
    your out of pot again aren't you, you get delusional when that happens
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

    Interesting questions...

    I would think if we indeed had the Republic of Texas (actually was such a country back when... look it up), then yes, one would have to become a citizen of Texas (or live as a non-citizen immigrant). I would suspect, as it is now, as long as one is a US citizen (regardless of where they live), they have to pay income tax to the US govt (regardless of what tax they pay anywhere else). SOOO

    One would not make the decision to move to the Republic of Texas lightly... because it would require applying for citizenship as well as renouncing one's citizenship in the USA. Over the years, GA has thought about leaving the USA for one reason or another... and actually did some online research on this. Couple of things:
    *There is NOWHERE in the current world where one has near the freedom or rights at the USA... even including the losses we have suffered to date.
    *As noted above: One has to pay taxes to the USA unless one renounces their US citizenship.
    *If one ever chooses to re-enter the USA and apply for citizenship again... they cannot vote or own a firearm. Now a new immigrant can... but someone that left and came back cannot. Wonder what is up with that...
    SOOO: The decision to leave is kinda a one-way decision... more or less.

    Now if Texas DID succeed in seceding and forming the Republic of Texas... I would have to take a HARD look at what I was getting into before I went... probably go anyhow... as long as FREEDOM was still the foundation of the state. The one issue that would loom in my mind would be: What if the RoT (Republic of Texas) does not make it, the USA takes it over by force... and I am left without the rights I used to have as a US citizen? Hmmm... I guess under those circumstances I could live as a greencard immigrant in the USA... acting like I was poor (regardless of the truth), and live off govt services. HMMM may not be a bad deal... let those arrogant libs pay my way... <grin>

    Having said all this... I think Texas could put Mexico to shame in a fight... You just have to know the determination a Texan has... Ever wonder what it means "Don't mess with Texas"... well try it and see what happens. It is not the state, it is the folks who live there... they are motivated folks who love their freedom enough to fight for it!!! BTW: That is a good example of the founding fathers; they loved freedom enough to fight for it... that was the way the USA was formed. I guess in a round-about way... A Texan is similar to the founding fathers. OK you libs... there is something to think about!
    I agree.

    These people wanting to leave the union....do they really know what they are getting themselves into? Or is this just another well anything is better type deal like the Obama thing.

    I mean hell... I've heard people speak of leaving for Canada since Obama got reelected....until someone mentions that Canada has the same "socialism" system that they are trying to escape from.....and the person talking of leaving country has a dumbfounded look on their face.

    When I see things like this happening, I can't help but question the mentality of our people in this country....are they really that ignorant?

    What am I saying....of course they are...I work with the public.

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    This secession thing has happened before. As recently as 2008 &. 2004. Why are y'all just now commenting on it

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Would you keep the U.S. dollar? Would you take your share of the national debt? How would you split it up? Are there any federal assets in the country and who gets to keep them? If the state can succeed from the U.S. can a city succeed from the stat and remain in the U.S.A.?

    While the terms of the split are being negotiated what will happen to the value of the U.S. dollar? Will China allow the assets be pulled out of their reach? Will the rest of the U.S. come to the states aid that succeeded if China decides to protect their investment?

    What if negotiations on succeeding do not result in an amiable split and one side decides to protect their position militarily? Will history repeat itself? Can you name more than a handful of countries that have split up with no ill feelings?

    Will the states that split have to renegotiate trade treaties? Will trade treaties have to be drawn up between the states that split and the ones that remain? (You do trade a lot between yourselves) Will other countries treat the states favourably when it comes to trade?

    I could go one but you get the idea.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    forney texas
    Posts
    17,890
    That's what I meant when I saud the US could put sanctions on Texas and then they could mot sell the oil. Just like Iran

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I agree.


    I mean hell... I've heard people speak of leaving for Canada since Obama got reelected....until someone mentions that Canada has the same "socialism" system that they are trying to escape from.....and the person talking of leaving country has a dumbfounded look on their face.
    Canada as a socialist country? That's weird. Our corporate tax rate is nearly 1/3 of yours, capital gains tax is lower....
    And our country is much better fiscally managed than yours. Just because we don't pay tens of thousands a year for private medical insurance that ends up screwing us over, doesn't make it socialist.
    You guys get fed a lot of bull$hit down there about Canada.
    If this is socialism, you should be so lucky.
    It's a shame too, because where I live, we can't find enough HVAC guys, a lot of you would do well here I'm sure.

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Canada as a socialist country? That's weird. Our corporate tax rate is nearly 1/3 of yours, capital gains tax is lower....
    And our country is much better fiscally managed than yours. Just because we don't pay tens of thousands a year for private medical insurance that ends up screwing us over, doesn't make it socialist.
    You guys get fed a lot of bull$hit down there about Canada.
    If this is socialism, you should be so lucky.
    It's a shame too, because where I live, we can't find enough HVAC guys, a lot of you would do well here I'm sure.
    You would just have to understand the mindset down here, most people are referring to the healthcare bill being passed...and that's why the word socialism gets passed around a lot.

    I was not referring to your country as socialist.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event