Texas to secede from the union? - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Looks like 11 more states including Missouri have jumped into the fray.

What I don't get is why the WH is getting the petitions.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-some-mis...,3426957.story
    So far only Texas has the required amount of signatures.

And I'm sure Obama is going to start a nice bonfire with them.

Hey Texas

Go For It!!

See I can agree with the Conservs on some things.

I think it is a GREAT idea!

Probably won't be allowed in the NFL if they do.

Which is ok with me since I can't stand them Cowboys anyway.

Now the NFL can get a team in LA without expansion.
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 11-13-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    I thought you could not strip a US citizen of their citizenship?
    Discipline your child so that other parents don't have to.

We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

When you have a dictator in power, he can do whatever he wants.

So you are complaining that the people of a state that no longer wants to be part of the USA will be stripped of citizenship?

I mean....yeah they cant take your citizenship away, but you are giving it away when you decide to seceed.

Am I missing something here?

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So you are complaining that the people of a state that no longer wants to be part of the USA will be stripped of citizenship?

I mean....yeah they cant take your citizenship away, but you are giving it away when you decide to seceed.

Yeah you sure are. They wouldn't be giving it away until and unless Texas does succeed and is recognized by the US as a sovereign country.

If the US does not recognize the succession then they by default are still citizens of the US including those who exercised their first Amendment rights in signing the petition and who live in Texas. Pretty simple. Comprendi?

However with a communist dictator for our President I guess anything can happen. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 11-13-2012 at 10:31 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    I thought you could not strip a US citizen of their citizenship?
    When you have a dictator in power, he can do whatever he wants.
    This is kinda a long read... however if one looks at what the govt has done recently... there seems to be a pattern... and a SCARY pattern if one thinks they still have any Constitutional rights left...

Read and weep for what we lost in our country:

http://www.silverbearcafe.com/private/12.10/judo.html
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post

What you are missing is if someone is stripped of their citizenship... they no longer have any constitutional rights... As in the govt can treat you like a dog and there is nothing legal that can be done about it. Note the petition only said if you signed the petition... not anything more. Might want to think real hard about what a less than honest person would do with that power?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by hydra View Post
    Everyone is forgetting one important point. Allowing Texas or any other state to secede,would surely cause panic on wall street and crash our fragile economy, sending investors scrambling and leaving Republicans, Democrats, and Independents penniless and destitute. I personally would not want that on my conscience. Also imagine the Taxes that Texas would need to collect to maintain interstates, bridges, schools, social security etc. Sorry to be Debbie Downer but let's face it, unless you have 40 acres and a mule and know how to use it and mason jars full of bullion buried beneath it, you are a slave to wall street and big government just like the rest of us!
    They already pay for the roads schools and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What you are missing is if someone is stripped of their citizenship... they no longer have any constitutional rights... As in the govt can treat you like a dog and there is nothing legal that can be done about it. Note the petition only said if you signed the petition... not anything more. Might want to think real hard about what a less than honest person would do with that power?
    How can they be stripped of their citizenship when they did not break a law. The first Amendment guarantees the right of free speech and the right to sign petitions. They did not take up arms. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Yeah....that won't happen, just like these secessions won't happen.

I hope.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast