Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    If Texas won't be allowed to secede maybe we can get Mexico to declare war on the US and re-annex the southwest. Viva la reconquista!

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Look at who feeds those blue states. IMO, the doers could starve the takers and have a coastal cleansing of America. No more honey for the takers and no more blues for the givers.
    You need to get your facts straight. The states that voted R for the most part are the takers and the ones that voted D are the makers. If you insist I can cite many sources but a simple Google search would confirm that the red states in general get more fed money back than they pay.

That silly person that started the petition did so by using the Rank of Texas economy compared to the Countries of the World. He failed to realize the massive Military spending that Texas gets for Jets helicopters and other militay goods that would just disappear.

As for these people that want to leave, I've been looking into the Countries with Conservative governments and almost everyone will not allow citizens to possess fire arms.

And last but not least

The word is Secede not succeed.

Probably it will not happen... however a message is being sent... and with that message being sent is the rallying of the folks who send the message!

Somehow (and I still do not understand) not enough folks thought it important enough to vote out the idiots... IMO they were not motivated (yet). Movements like this secession thingy are motivators... what we need to do is put out this fire by throwing gasoline on it... <grin>

Lessee if the 2014 election will throttle back the DEMS and their goofiness...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    That silly person that started the petition did so by using the Rank of Texas economy compared to the Countries of the World. He failed to realize the massive Military spending that Texas gets for Jets helicopters and other militay goods that would just disappear.

As for these people that want to leave, I've been looking into the Countries with Conservative governments and almost everyone will not allow citizens to possess fire arms.

And last but not least

The word is Secede not succeed.
    OK Ace... I can have a little fun with you... Are you gonna tell me you have never done a typo... come on now Ace... stick your neck out... I have a meat cleaver waiting... <grin>

The countries you are looking at are not TRUE conservative nations... as usual you judge with surface details. There has to be NO govt operated safety nets for a country to truly function as a conservative nation.

There is more than enough oil revenues in Texas to pay for a goodly part of those military contracts... Now if this secession thingy really flew (which we know it will not)... half the country (most of the red states) would be on it... That much RE could set up an economy that would tick. Problem is; folks would have to go back to work...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

I really don't buy into the red state blue state division. I see it more as reddish purple or blueish purple.

The muslim conservative states don't have safety nets

As fir oil , yes Texas has oil. But the US could apply sanctions and then they could not sell it

And no. I've never made a typo. So put the cleaver away

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    You need to get your facts straight. The states that voted R for the most part are the takers and the ones that voted D are the makers. If you insist I can cite many sources but a simple Google search would confirm that the red states in general get more fed money back than they pay.
    Dang that's a lot of red.

Notice most of the blue is near the water. Wonder what they were drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post

That is a county map - the state map really does look different.
    Oh by the way desalination is not a major source of drinking water in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post

Now we know why they are terrified of imaginary global warming... they would have to move to a RED state and learn to work for a living.

Another thing to observe: If one researched county by county, they would find the LARGE majority of federal safety net spending goes to the blue counties. Now it does not even take a grade school student (much less an A student... LOL) to realize what is going on here.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    That is a county map - the state map really does look different.
    Oh by the way desalination is not a major source of drinking water in the US.
    I'm quite aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    I really don't buy into the red state blue state division. I see it more as reddish purple or blueish purple.

The muslim conservative states don't have safety nets

As fir oil , yes Texas has oil. But the US could apply sanctions and then they could not sell it

And no. I've never made a typo. So put the cleaver away
    Ace, you REALLY need to get back on your meds... this post is OUT THERE... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

If we played out my scenario, I guarantee 2/3rds of all liberal mucks would starve to death. Nothing but concrete where the libs live...maybe they could eat that after eating each other?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

You could find nirvana in India. They have a caste system. You could walk amongst the untouchables

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast