Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

What you are missing is if someone is stripped of their citizenship... they no longer have any constitutional rights... As in the govt can treat you like a dog and there is nothing legal that can be done about it. Note the petition only said if you signed the petition... not anything more. Might want to think real hard about what a less than honest person would do with that power?
    Sorry, missed the whole taking their citizenship before they secede part....that's just stupid and won't happen.
    It's been a long day.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    How can they be stripped of their citizenship when they did not break a law. The first Amendment guarantees the right of free speech and the right to sign petitions. They did not take up arms. Thank you, thank you very much
    Hmmm... the way I read the exec order... it was simple: If you sign a petition, you loose your citizenship... And after all, it IS an exec order... supposedly those are above the law.
    So if one is gonna take the worst possible interpretation... then anyone who signs a petition is screwed. OTOH: the politics of that move would be drawing a line in the sand which would be severely tested by many a TRUE American. I seriously doubt even the 'super-majority' in California could stand up to that test.

Student is probably right... both sides of this discussion are really just smoke: That is; No state will succeed, and the current administration will not do anything punitive to the folks who try.

Now OTOH: If a state were to secceed forcefully... well that might be a different story. Lets cross that bridge when we get close enough to see it.

Now for GA's opinion: The SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN... <grin>

And with that little tidbit of folklore... it is time for some sleep. There is this thing called work, and there is some to do the rest of this week...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

So if I sign the petition I get a free trip out of the country? Where do I sign.?

Executive Orders are not above the law, the Executive Order is a means by which the President can "get things done" without going through the hassle of consulting Congress. Whatever the EO is, it can be challenged in court

One thing we should keep in mind: A state legislature needs to approve any Secession from the Union.
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

The petition to strip someone of citizenship is stupid and would be ignored as it should. In terms of a state actually leaving the U.S., well that is more a pipe dream than anything else. With us and Quebec wanting to leave every once in a while, I can say one thing.

You think divorce can be messy? Hah!
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Executive Orders are not above the law, the Executive Order is a means by which the President can "get things done" without going through the hassle of consulting Congress. Whatever the EO is, it can be challenged in court

One thing we should keep in mind: A state legislature needs to approve any Secession from the Union.
    Yes, and gov Rick Perry says no so far...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Hell if they DO succeed, Im with you, I'll be outa the Peoples Republic of NY in a heart beat.

I heard there is a serious petition to have NYC become the 51st State, that would be awesome.
    I liked Rochester when I went to visit on my Harris Corp interview a few years ago. I wish I would have taken the job, and I made a mistake not to move there.

Only 2 things maybe not so good:
    1. The brutal 10% state income tax in addition to high sales tax
    2. cold in the winter

With the division of people in this country increasing all the time, I see nothing wrong with states seceding from a communist future to preserve our constitutional rights.

All the liberals can live under dictators in their states.

The moderates can have their soil as well.

And patriots can live in their states under morality and true constitutional law.

So lets divide this country up! ...we can still be neighbors if that makes you happy.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I liked Rochester when I went to visit on my Harris Corp interview a few years ago. I wish I would have taken the job, and I made a mistake not to move there.

Only 2 things maybe not so good:
    1. The brutal 10% state income tax in addition to high sales tax
    2. cold in the winter
    the taxes are a huge problem. Rochester also has the highest rate of students that DO NOT graduate. We have one of the highest property taxes in the country. We have one of the highest poverty rates in NY. AND we get Lake effect snow.

70 years ago this was the place to be, HQ for Eastman Kodak, Xerox, Bausch & Lomb, Delco and Rochester Products to (they made an awesome 4 bbl carburetor for GM)

Small business is being hammered by regulations on a daily basis. Workmans Comp ins. is the highest in the country. Dept of Labor will come right out and tell you, "as a small business owner you have no rights, if a former employee files a complaint, just pay it or we'll tie you up in court for so long you'll go bankrupt" (thats actually what a DOL guy told my wife)

But the place has come unglued. It's decaying faster than most want to believe.

You made the right choice NOT to move here <sad to say>
    LOVE has four letters

So does BEER, DEER,GUNS AND FISH

To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Isn't it great we have such a uniting president.

It seems more nad more states are getting on the bandwagon. If you go back and look at the electoral map most of the states that want out are red states in the middle of the country. If they all left it split the blue states. Pretty hard to hold a country together when they are physically divided, unlike the red states in the center of the country that would be all together. Also back to the map in several of the swing states that went blue it was only the large cities that swung the vote the majority of the state geographicly was red so it wouldn't take much to bring them along. That doesn't leave alot left for Bronco to run does it.

Look at who feeds those blue states. IMO, the doers could starve the takers and have a coastal cleansing of America. No more honey for the takers and no more blues for the givers.
    -- Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Interesting video. But he didn't answer the question. One POTUS in the 1800's signed an executive order that said states cannot secede.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast