Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Well... it appears my thoughts of moving back home (GA is from Texas) might be a good idea...

All they (we) have to do is bring the head of a few big oil co's to Dallas, then we can export gasoline to the USA... Wash DC has held the country hostage for decades... Time for Texas to hold the country hostage for a while.

I imagine living in Texas would be a premium thing... there would probably be a waiting list to immigrate.

Problem is: I heard on the radio this morning Gov Rick Perry is against it. Gotta have the state govt on board to make it happen.

And GeerAir will have to be deported... his liberal stances just will not fit... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Wait until the realities of Dear Leader Care kick in..... Even the Obama phone holders will be standing there scratching their heads.........Texas won't be alone.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

So you all think Texas can hold it's own against Mexico as well as the millions of illegals already living there?

Although Texas has the legal ability to succeed, its not going to happen. Born and raised, these petitions have been circulated my whole life.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    So you all think Texas can hold it's own against Mexico as well as the millions of illegals already living there?
    I can't see any state seceding without a fight.
    But if you took a fraction of the 25+mil people, I'd guess 1/5 would be locked and loaded and ready to defend. That would be about 5million armed citizens.
    Just playing with the numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    Hell if they DO succeed, Im with you, I'll be outa the Peoples Republic of NY in a heart beat.

I heard there is a serious petition to have NYC become the 51st State, that would be awesome.
    Same here. That would be awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    I can't see any state seceding without a fight.
    But if you took a fraction of the 25+mil people, I'd guess 1/5 would be locked and loaded and ready to defend. That would be about 5million armed citizens.
    Just playing with the numbers.
    In Texas... I would say at least HALF of them would be itchin' to get FREE! Just their nature...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    In Texas... I would say at least HALF of them would be itchin' to get FREE! Just their nature...
    just trying to be conservative with the numbers. Btw, that's 3x's the number of our military.
    Honestly I don't think it'll happen.

This is a few years old... however: There were more hunting licenses issued in W.VA, PA, OH, IO than there are trained soldiers in all 5 branches of the US military (national guard being #5).

Now add in there the LOVE of FREEDOM that is a 'right' in Texas... well I do not give the military much of a chance...

However as you say... probably not gonna happen.

IMO TPTB enjoy 'milking' the US economy... they are not gonna do anything to screw that up.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

This isn't a game of numbers like it was in the olden days of line up and fire.

Everyone is forgetting one important point. Allowing Texas or any other state to secede,would surely cause panic on wall street and crash our fragile economy, sending investors scrambling and leaving Republicans, Democrats, and Independents penniless and destitute. I personally would not want that on my conscience. Also imagine the Taxes that Texas would need to collect to maintain interstates, bridges, schools, social security etc. Sorry to be Debbie Downer but let's face it, unless you have 40 acres and a mule and know how to use it and mason jars full of bullion buried beneath it, you are a slave to wall street and big government just like the rest of us!

I heard a guy in the store on the way home tonite whining about he was going to canada or australia.... I just wanted to take a big stick and beat him senseless.... him and the stupid redneck yokels agreeing with him.....

Yes, things are not going our way......lets cut ourselves off from the rest of the nation.......lol Just think about the complexity that it would involve....and the previous poster is right.....just think of the taxes that would have to be raised to match the federal money that pours into texas.

Texas couldnt get rid of the illegals either......there is just too many of them. They couldnt muster the manpower or the resources to even round up a fraction of them. Thats why the US doesnt get serious about it...... For every 5 we deport another 100 come crawling in.

You would have to shoot them on sight to make a dent in the numbers and even texans aint got the guts the just start shooting people....even if the government did condone it.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Looks like 11 more states including Missouri have jumped into the fray.

What I don't get is why the WH is getting the petitions.

http://www.ky3.com/news/ky3-some-mis...,3426957.story

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast