Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Texas to secede from the union?

If this happens, Im moving to Texas! Great work Texas...you RAWK!
    http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/2012...e-white-house/
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

uuum don't get to excited there. These petitions are started by private citizens. They have no merit and no traction.

any petition to leave the union would have to start with a State Legislature.

Right now, I think, There are at least 15 petitions in 15 states to secede.

http://now.msn.com/15-states-start-p...-leave-the-usa

Good luck with that
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

One can hope!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

Hell if they DO succeed, Im with you, I'll be outa the Peoples Republic of NY in a heart beat.

I heard there is a serious petition to have NYC become the 51st State, that would be awesome.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

I knew it wouldn't be long before Texas became part of Mexico again. Without the backing of the USA and with all the immigrants already inside their border a takeover would not be difficult.

One way to dodge the impending UN sanctioned confiscation of guns is to secede. Then the Republic of Texas would not be held to the UN sanctions. The biggest hurdle would be how to deal with the military complex located within the borders. The RoT would be free to enforce borders, regulate taxes, negotiate trade agreements with the US and deport US citizens who don't have the proper photo ID, passports and visas. They could fence in the entire Republic and set up sliding boards over the fences where rejects could be deported by sliding them back into the US. No air travel, no customs hassles, no court battles--just effective control and let the other countries, such as the US cry.

I like the way hearthman thinks!

Just you traitors remember

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

I love Texas ...with that being said ...when you cry for certain thing"s that you can't get anymore because it's made here , you'll understand ...I love Texas...born & raised ...will fight till I die
    You don't have to ASK

What I'm Against...

If you know what

I'm For...

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Don't tease us.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Just you traitors remember
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!
    I guess you believe our founding fathers were traitors.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    In a way I suppose they were. Otherwise they wouldnt have had to have fought the revolutionary war.

Anyhow... Texas nor any other state is going to succede from the union.... Seriously.... think about what that would take.

I see those petitions as merely a protest........ "We are not satisfied so instead of doing something tangible to help further our cause we are all just going to sign a petition and waste time and resources talking about how great it would be to succede from the union"

And yes.... those yellow bellied mud wallerin redneck southern rebels were traitors also.....

I put that last line in just give Glenn something to hoot and hollar about....lol
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Maybe not in our eyes,but in the eyes of the crown they were. It all depends on your perspective.

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast