Thread: Old vs. New

Old vs. New

With all these new grills available, some that resemble miniature kitchens on the patio, do you feel tempted to stick with the old briquette type, or do you give in and upgrade?

I upgraded to a triple threat 2 years ago and absaloutely love it. I have a gas grill with side burner, bolted to a charcoal grill, that has a smaker box bolted to that. In my mind it is the best of everything all in one unit, with a price point of 350.00 usd. Now I have choices.
    Eric
    Eric Sackett
    weberwelldrilling.com
    Delta P= 8 ATA
    www.youtube.com/weberwelldrilling

Quote Originally Posted by waterpirate View Post
    I upgraded to a triple threat 2 years ago and absaloutely love it. I have a gas grill with side burner, bolted to a charcoal grill, that has a smaker box bolted to that. In my mind it is the best of everything all in one unit, with a price point of 350.00 usd. Now I have choices.
    Eric
    i have the same thing. i like it, but i find myself always going to my webber first.

Charcoal when it's above freezing gas when it's below.

I looked into those infrared and nuclear powered grills but to spend $1500-$35,000 http://most-expensive.net/grill and not get the charcoal flavor is stupid.
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by snupytcb View Post
    i have the same thing. i like it, but i find myself always going to my webber first.
    LOL,My weber was used when I got it. When I upgraded it was because the weber beyond its service life by about 100.000 miles. I like having the choice of going charcoal with a beer or turning on the gas and going in 5 minutes. So far it has proved to be a robust unit with no failures other than the electric ignitor battery in 3 years of service.
    Eric
    Eric Sackett
    weberwelldrilling.com
    Delta P= 8 ATA
    www.youtube.com/weberwelldrilling