Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously...

Seriously...

Is there an option that allows one to block or un-subscribe to certain forums? Namely, this one. I remember when this was a HVAC technical site but now there are more threads about politics than HVAC. Really sick of hearing all you blowhards ranting on and on about the same old ****. Everyone that doesnt agree with your opinions are labeled stupid and only your opinions hold any merit. Bunch of know it all pompous asses IMHO. None of you are ever wrong and your opinions are the gospel.

The preferential treatment to some is ridiculous as well. For example I was once banned for my avatar. It was a photoshopped picture of g. bush where he looked like a monkey. This was when he was still prez. I see alot worse now, one for example of a mentally disabled girl that likes "puddin". I then had an avatar of the character Buckwheat. I was warned to take it off or I would again be banned.

Well there it is, an opinion most of the popular guys wont like. Ban me.

Just dont visit this section of the forum. Its as simple as that.

If you are getting replys to threads emailed to you Id say there is a way to unsubscribe to that.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by ar_hvac_man View Post
    Is there an option that allows one to block or un-subscribe to certain forums? Namely, this one. I remember when this was a HVAC technical site but now there are more threads about politics than HVAC. Really sick of hearing all you blowhards ranting on and on about the same old ****. Everyone that doesnt agree with your opinions are labeled stupid and only your opinions hold any merit. Bunch of know it all pompous asses IMHO. None of you are ever wrong and your opinions are the gospel.

The preferential treatment to some is ridiculous as well. For example I was once banned for my avatar. It was a photoshopped picture of g. bush where he looked like a monkey. This was when he was still prez. I see alot worse now, one for example of a mentally disabled girl that likes "puddin". I then had an avatar of the character Buckwheat. I was warned to take it off or I would again be banned.

I use gmail, the new post notifications include an Unsubscribe link. Read the notices more carefully. Can't help you with your other problems.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Your avatar still s_ucks. I've seen it on several different boards I've posted on over the years. How about something creative or your own picture? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Your avatar still s_ucks.
    As does your presence in the technical forums on this site. Its called HVAC-TALK, not MY USELESS POLITICAL OPINION-TALK. As far as my avatar, whats your point? Did I say something about wanting a cool, unique, popular avatar? Hooked on phonics didnt work for you did it?

As does your presence in the technical forums on this site. Its called HVAC-TALK, not MY USELESS POLITICAL OPINION-TALK. As far as my avatar, whats your point? Did I say something about wanting a cool, unique, popular avatar? Hooked on phonics didnt work for you did it?
    Personally I think your avatar is awesome.

I will put in the word to have you removed from ARP.

Thanks and thanks. I thought the picture was sweet looking so I used it. Didnt know it was so over-used.

My formal apology to exreo for the phonics jab.

Thanks and thanks. I thought the picture was sweet looking so I used it. Didnt know it was so over-used.

My formal apology to exreo for the phonics jab.
    You're welcome, I'm growing bored of this place as well. The potential for learning anything is thrown out of the window and everything is chaotic to no end....this ARP is extremely stressful, yet coming to this place is addictive.

I understand though....politics gets the better of us and our savage nature comes out...and that's how the people at the top want us....angry and scrapping over scraps thrown down from their table.

Anywho...it's late...

Request approved. ARP can't be seen while using your account.

Yes, I have the ability to block ARP from our membership base if they desire. You may contact a committee member and issue a request to be removed from ARP.

thx

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    You're welcome, I'm growing bored of this place as well. The potential for learning anything is thrown out of the window and everything is chaotic to no end....this ARP is extremely stressful, yet coming to this place is addictive.

I understand though....politics gets the better of us and our savage nature comes out...and that's how the people at the top want us....angry and scrapping over scraps thrown down from their table.

Anywho...it's late...
    Ya know...it doesn't have to be. Truth is...we (ARPC) have been trying to let you guys on both sides get your post-election frustrations out, but some of you have really carried it to far with the personal attacks.

If everyone can tone that down a notch and just discuss the issues, it would be a much better place.

And here I thought things were going pretty good. On several occasions I have witnessed or been a part of a disagreement here in ARP only to see help or be given help in a technical section. I thought most people do a very good job of seperating the two areas. Just my
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by k-fridge View Post

Ya know...it doesn't have to be. Truth is...we (ARPC) have been trying to let you guys on both sides get your post-election frustrations out, but some of you have really carried it to far with the personal attacks.

If everyone can tone that down a notch and just discuss the issues, it would be a much better place.
    I agree, and thank you for allowing us to be children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast