Gastite certification

Went to a supply house today and a representative of "gastite" flexible gas piping is having a free gastite certification class tommorow...has anyone been to one of these, anything useful that can be learned?

-I know this isn't the right place to post ,but the other threads seem kind of quiet, thanks. I have a few other questions in other threads awaiting responses if anyone wants to lend some insight.

I have the gastite diploma hanging on the wall right next to the filter changer and condenser cleaner certifications.

mine used to be in the restroom.....
    read,learn,grow.....repeat.

Its one of those ya show up sit there for 20 min write a "TEST" lol and u get certified. For free why not man might as well

Or go to lowes and buy the stuff off the shelf. If you want the instructions They sell them too (separately) pretty sad. I have seen some pretty scary gas leaks on trac pipe after install. (Poor flares) just waiting for Johnny homeowner to blow a few places up.

will the lowes brand fit the new black gastite ?
    read,learn,grow.....repeat.

I have my gastite cert, it depends on the person giving the class. It is easy to get the cert.

Get as many certs as possible man. It is a good course make sure you get the slider so you can size it up easy. Where I live they will not sell you gastite without the cert so you have to get it. they will teach you how to flare it properly etc.

It's worth it i think

im gonna get wardflex, nj supplies has wardflex dont know about gastite (if it is free)