+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yellow Jacket Oil Pump - Case?

Post Likes

Question Yellow Jacket Oil Pump - Case?

So I finally had to buy the nicer oil pump for a job. The one with the rigid copper tubing inlet. I was wondering how you guys store this unit so it does not get damaged on the truck? Anyone?

Post Likes
    You could probably use any tool box with dimensions of at least 21 X 6 X 4" or maybe something like a sawzall case. I have a storage case from an old Bosch 11224 rotary hammer that fits it perfectly as long as I loosen the 1/2" flare fitting and fold the copper inlet tube over the pump body. The case is also large enough to hold a few sizes of extra flexible tubing and hose and has a compartment for some different fittings and adapters to use it with. It's plastic, so oil dribble cleans up pretty easy.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the tip. I ended up getting the Sears Craftsman standard truck box. The big one for 9.99. It almost fits just right. The base is just a touch too wide, but the plastic gives enough that the cover latches.

Post Likes
    mine rides in the well on the side doors of the van. never had a truck, so I guess there are a few diff. storage issues there.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in