Thread: Veterans day

Veterans day

I would like to take a moment to thank all of our veterans for their bravery.

May your sacrifices not go unnoticed.

Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Amen to that Student. I would like to especially honor those who have to fight an enemy who abides by no rule of civilized warfare. No uniforms, behead captives in the name of their satanic religion, assassinate the innocent, etc.

They are not allowed to use reasonable tactical safeguards like recon by fire in remote unpopulated areas (to foil ambushes), relocate people from a war zone so they can declare it a free fire zone 24/7 and fire when fired upon without hesitation and without concern for "collateral" damage such as relatives and friends of the terrorist living in the same house or in close proximity to them.

In Nam we were at least allowed to use the above mention tactical responses but they are not in Afgan or Iraq. Our main restriction was strategic like not invading N Vietnam, cutting across Laos at the DMZ and linking up with Thailand thus choking off the Ho Chi Min Trail and a total blockade of N Vietnam and Cambodia plus we weren't allowed to destroy N. Vietnam's factories, dams, rail bridges to Red China, etc. We just weren't allowed to win a war against the commies but we were at least allowed to fight the war on the ground with out many if any tactical restrictions. Nixon tried to win but the commie loving Dems in Congress stopped him.

My hat is off to them. I wouldn't want to have to fight like a sitting duck with one hand behind my back. Good job in impossible circumstances. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

A special thanks goes out to all of our Military Men & Women past and present and their families.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE !!

I believe even the Kraken would stand up and salute our troops for their courageous efforts.... but he would then go back to destroying whatever he was destroying at the moment.... of course....that wouldnt be his fault really.......as destroying things is his nature.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Salute........The Kraken......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I would like to take a moment to thank all of our veterans for their bravery.

May your sacrifices not go unnoticed.
    Dittos