Manual J Software

Manual J Software

Does anyone have any suggestions on manual J software. I've heard of several different ones on the market and I may be looking into purchasing after doing the last two load calculations by hand. I just want to know if there are preferences among pros. Thank you-

this is an almost constant disussion among the board here.it seems everyone has a differant opinion so no specific answer is givin. it is a tough decision because it is kind of a big investment. if you do a search on here you will find alot of info. i need a new one also. mine is old and i recently lost it from my desktop somehow. good luck.

I'm going to be in the market too, I've done it by a hand, used Trace somewhat, and used a homemade version at an Eng. firm. I'm probably going to look for the one with the best training options for their software and tech support

I prefer Right-Suite. It is expensive but it can be used as thorough or as simple as you like. It also has a nice proposal system.
    www.wrightsoft.com

I also like Right-Suite by Wrightsoft. I have a SAAS license which is a yearly license and costs $300. It is way easier to justify the $300 per year with updates rather than a one time expense of $1800 without updates.

If you search google for wrightsoft saas you should find some price lists. You might need to go through one of your local equipment distributors to get the cheap yearly license.

It's just $300 bucks a year, is there a one time fee you have to pay up front first? If not it sounds like the way to go, you'll always have the latest versions too. After 6 years you need to update most softwares anyway. How's their tech support? Do the have any training avalaible?

Here is the link to the version I have (York branded). https://www.wrightsoft.com/york/store/saas_store.aspx
    There is no upfront fee. You pay the $300 and are good for a year. We are on our second year already. They offer in person training around the country on a somewhat regular basis. I have never attended. The help from within the program is not the best, but they do have a lot of tutorial videos to get you started. I had a background in HVAC load calculations on the commercial side using other software, so I didn't struggle too much. But it could be tough otherwise.

neat, thanks

I use the powertrade hvac load calc app available on the Google play marketplace. I have it on my phone and tablet. It was $40 and well worth it. The developer offers great support if you have questions.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2