Amana heat pump issue with scroll grinding noise on start up

Hello guys

Im having issues with a 16 seer Amana 2 stage HP. On start up theres a humming or grinding noise from the scroll, then it fades away. System was installed by customers patio, big mistake. So apparently it makes same noise when shut down, ive only heard it on start up. Upon looking at it i found crankcase heater not energizing when system is off. No power coming from board. I was hoping the grinding noise was liquid in the compressor, doesnt explain noise when shuts down though. Ordered new board, units 6 months old, same frickin problem the control board/CCH isnt sending anything out, amana apparently has no answer for it. Will call back in am to find out what the deal is with boards.

I stopped by another customers house has a Amana 14 seer single stage, no txv, no control board on this 14 seer, just a good old fashion contactor same frickin noise on start up of compressor. Units not by patio or a window so no issue, but afraid to swap the 16 seer out only to replace it with another pump with same problem. Any help guys?

Wire the cch to run all the time, line side if contactor

No contactor its all in circuit board on 16 seer units, but i wired it to line coming in on board, well board didnt like that i guess, i got a call back and upon arrival compressor was off, and everything else running. No clue on that yet i reset it, and disconnected crankcase till tomorrow. Noise is on shut down too, CCH not energized while compressor running. Hetes what i read so far..... Another common loud sound is when the outdoor unit starts up or shuts off. Specifically, the newer "Scroll" type compressors tend to make a "back-peddling" type of noise on shutdown. And on start-up, they sometimes sound like an "out-of-balanced washing machine"........ All i read no explanation though.

Thread relocated to "Tech to Tech"