+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane Voyager Problems

Post Likes

Trane Voyager Problems

Ok, let's try this again, now that I know where to post it. And just to be clear, I always thought a "thread" was something that hung loose off your clothes. So if you can, cut me some slack. I'm in a new area and I'm trying to learn. Just try to remember back when you were learning the "language" of HVAC!

I have been troubleshooting a "no heat" call on a Trane YCD061 rooftop unit and it seems I'm at a point where I need further assistance. This unit is equipped with a UCP and CTI board, both of which were replaced this past summer for problems with cooling. Now, during a call for heat from the programmable space thermostat (not a Trane product), the unit will come on for about 10 seconds and then cycle off. Other times, when I jump out LTB 14 and LTB 5 to bypass the thermostat, nothing happens, but I do notice the green light on the IGN board is not lit. When I check the voltage at the TH+ terminal on the IGN board, I get 12 volts AC, not 24. I also get 12 volts AC at the J1-22 pin on the UCP but get 24 volts at the J1-21 pin (either side of the K6 contacts). It seems as thought I'm getting a voltage drop in the UCP board at the K6 contacts. But, when I unplug the cable at the IGN board and check the voltage at PPF3-2, I get 24 volts. I've checked both TC01 and TC02 and they're ok. If I take 24 volts right from the step-down transformer and apply it to TH+, the heat goes through a typical start sequence and lights off ok. The system runs ok when in the test mode. I do have the Micro-M-2D manual but it hasn't really help me pinpoint the problem.
    Very frustrating. Any help would be appreciated!

Post Likes
    Pull the J7 plug off the UCP .Check your DC voltage from J7-2 and J7-9.Apply power and jumper LTB -14 TO LTB -5. Should read 2.8 VDC for heat stage 1.LTB 14 TO LTB 3 HEAT 2 should be 3.71 VDC If the voltage is out of range, change the CTI.

Post Likes
    Hi rheff, have you run this unit in "test" mode yet?
    "Iron sharpeneth iron..."

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in