+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New house -

Post Likes
    absolutely slapped together....

http://www.putfile.com/enigma1/images/43915

These photos show how the surronding lots were filled in creating a fish bowl for his house...

http://www.putfile.com/enigma1/images/37351

Post Likes
    Damn dude, looks like you got the raw end of the stick.

I would get me an Attorney and save all those pictures.

If that builder does put retain wall around your lot I would sue for damages and also make him fix the items that were shown.

If you don't do something within 5 years that house will move 4"...

'Life begins with the journey each day'

Post Likes
    Any pics of anything done right?

Post Likes
    Jeesh...how does one contractor find that many bad subs?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tpa-fl
    Jeesh...how does one contractor find that many bad subs?
    Family.

Post Likes
    Gas, matches, run..sucks to be you.
    Sound installation practices is the key to success. Equipment is only as good as the person installing it.

If I can't fix it, it ain't broke.

Post Likes
    Hey, not my house, just posting the link...

Post Likes
    Originally posted by tom huett
    Gas, matches, run..sucks to be you.
    With those gaps in the structure, you'd have plenty of oxygen to make it go up quickly.

Post Likes
    Some of that stuff is really nitpicky. How else are they supposed to get that run around that beam? Flex?

"We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by dougfamous
    Some of that stuff is really nitpicky. How else are they supposed to get that run around that beam? Flex?

While that is true, they could have done it a little neater, and maybe some strap or wire for support. But, it is in the crawl, and no one is really going to see it..

Thats probably what the original installer thought.

But this sbrings up my point that Builders all want to pay as little as possible for their subs, you get bottom dollar work. But the builder charges top dollar for the home. As far as the HVAC in the eyes ofthe builder, is that as long as hot air (or cold air depending on season) comes out of the registers, thats all they are concerned with.

Post Likes

Thumbs down

As someone who has spent most of the past fifteen years in construction the majority of that in carpentry/framing I have to say that is the worst house I have ever seen. From the pictures I saw so many stuctural errors that the best thing for the house would be to push it over and start again, only you can't do that either because the drainage is screwed. I am willing to bet that this house may be an example of the fine craftsmanship that illegal immigrants has brought us whether directly or indirectly. I don't know how the building codes are where this house was built, but in Georgia an inspector would have shut this job down early in it's construction till the problems were corrected. Whoever bought this house needs to sue and get out because that is a money pit with a deep bottom.

Post Likes
    ouch ... that is so wrong .. but it goes on everyday everywhere .... thats one of those instances where someone is getting punched in the mouth

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in