Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    What killed our economy is the lack of trust and faith in the US as an investment by the folks who have the money to invest. It's that simple and it's still that way...actually getting worse as those intelligent investors continue to wait on the side lines to see if we can pay the bills coming due...or will the US be up for auction where they can move in and buy for penneys on the dollar once obama is not in power or involved anymore.
    IMO, this is the most clear explanation of what is wrong with the US economy.

Now lets talk about the world economy: China is cooling, India is struggling with infrastructure, and Europe is in worse shape than the USA... with a lot more down before they start even going sideways.

The USA is in a position to make a recovery... IF (and that is the magic question) the govt will back them. See DeltaT's post for what the govt needs to do to back business.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    Let's get back to this thing about business suffering under Obama and the Democrats

Is what you say is that Government has an effect on how well your business does?
    What I am saying is: When the govt is friendly towards business (read that stay out of their way), the folks who run the businesses will risk $$$ and grow (that means jobs BTW). However when govt is hostile towards business, the folks who run the businesses will NOT take risks. IMO this is a little different than what you posted.

Personally, I do NOT believe in ANY corporate welfare... however as long as polecats are for sale (and I do not see that changing any time soon), well I would not hold your breath on that one. OTOH: To risk $$$ on expanding one's business when the govt is being predatory... well that seems like an equation to loose the seed capital... no business leader would take that risk.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    What I am saying is: When the govt is friendly towards business (read that stay out of their way), the folks who run the businesses will risk $$$ and grow (that means jobs BTW). However when govt is hostile towards business, the folks who run the businesses will NOT take risks. IMO this is a little different than what you posted.

Personally, I do NOT believe in ANY corporate welfare... however as long as polecats are for sale (and I do not see that changing any time soon), well I would not hold your breath on that one. OTOH: To risk $$$ on expanding one's business when the govt is being predatory... well that seems like an equation to loose the seed capital... no business leader would take that risk.
    Well, you just vindicated Obama and confirmed what he said when he made the infamous speech about You did not build your business. Now you can spin it all you want but you cannot change the foundation

Well, you just vindicated Obama and confirmed what he said when he made the infamous speech about You did not build your business. Now you can spin it all you want but you cannot change the foundation
    Ace, you are so far away from understanding what goes on running a business... Makes me wonder if you really want to understand... or if you just want to blow smoke for fun.

If the latter is true... you will end up on ignore with me... the reason all the other folks I have on ignore are there. IMO there is NO excuse for blowing smoke when the smoke makes NO sense whatsoever.

Maybe you need to have your govt dole cut off and go back to work for a while and relearn what us working stiffs have to deal with... might humble you a bit.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Ace, you are so far away from understanding what goes on running a business... Makes me wonder if you really want to understand... or if you just want to blow smoke for fun.

If the latter is true... you will end up on ignore with me... the reason all the other folks I have on ignore are there. IMO there is NO excuse for blowing smoke when the smoke makes NO sense whatsoever.

Maybe you need to have your govt dole cut off and go back to work for a while and relearn what us working stiffs have to deal with... might humble you a bit.
    GA, government and its regulation of business has been a part of doing business since money was invented. Being a worker and understanding how government looks at employees has always been a part of business, Simply put one cannot exist without the other

And I'm not on the dole, i paid into the system for over 40 years, I consider it a return on investment.

Now,I expect an apology
    Last edited by acmanko; 11-13-2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar

GA, government and its regulation of business has been a part of doing business since money was invented. Being a worker and understanding how government looks at employees has always been a part of business, Simply put one cannot exist without the other

And I'm not on the dole, i paid into the system for over 40 years, I consider it a return on investment.

Now,I expect an apology
    Sorry Ace, you have not changed much since you were here before... you do not understand business, you spin reality, and you still behave as though your pride overloads your common sense. You will not get an apology from me, because I did nothing wrong (your liberal polecat buddies say that all the time, get used to it).

And one more of your arrogant cheap shots and you will be on my ignore list also.

I do not put up with being treated with disrespect... and you are not exempt.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

I want to clarify my profitable year I mentioned earlier. This was accomplished by working in and on my business. I have never invested in the stock market. Investing in the stock market is akin to gambling and I won't gamble what I cannot afford to lose. My father had money in the stock market, he always said the best was a ten percent increase over time. The big gains that were happening threw a red flag for him. He didn't see it lasting and felt as high as it was going, it would also drop to tremendous losses that would mimic the tremendous gains.
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

The wife's company is owned by Canadians. The past four years of this nightmare has resulted in many of the franchises going under while the Canadian companies are prospering. Immediately after the election they decided to close one of the subsidiaries, and have been in meetings to discuss the best way to wind down US operations.

The owners are what I would consider moderate and often lament to sr. mgmt. how divisive a country we have become with the ones in charge driving the wedge between us all rather than trying to find ways to help the ENTIRE country, not just his liberal voting base.
    Avatar is a tribute to my Great Grandfather, Andrew Stewart. This pin was one of his advertisements for his heating and plumbing business. I never knew him but must of inherited his love of things mechanical since I am the only blue collar worker in the family

I do seem to remember saying myself that you small business owners could not succeed if not for the government controlling the trade. I wonder how successfull you would be if HVAC parts and equipment was sold to the general public as electrical and plumbing equipment and supplys are. There is no one more offensive than those that prove to theirself that they are wrong

Where have you been? They are sold to the general public via the internet and various supply houses.
    "The road to Hell is paved with progressive policies."

Tinman: What you point out about the stock market is true (both the gambling as well as the big gains are followed by big losses). I think some folks blame whomever because they cannot bring themselves to admit they should have managed their $$$ more carefully. Personally... resource stocks are not that big a gamble... one can do online research to figure out when to buy and when to sell.

Agree that the USA is just not a good place to invest in business anymore. The govt is hostile towards business growth... choosing rather to beat up on business for political gain. Wonder how long until business moves out of the USA... leaving a barren wasteland with jobless numbers approaching 1930's levels (reported publicly, the private numbers area almost there now). All because we think we can get a free ride from the govt... and are willing to risk the entire country for a freebee.

Well if the majority are that stupid, the country deserves to die; I just hope they wise up. I will give it until the mid-term elections... then I may plan to leave also... as I have mentioned... I have lots of friends who ARE leaving (citizenship and all).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

I do seem to remember saying myself that you small business owners could not succeed if not for the government controlling the trade. I wonder how successfull you would be if HVAC parts and equipment was sold to the general public as electrical and plumbing equipment and supplys are. There is no one more offensive than those that prove to theirself that they are wrong
    I guess your memory is short... When I was cutting my teeth in home repair (started around 1979), supply houses did not sell to non-trades folks as a matter of principle. No laws were involved (and yes, this was Texas). Folks used to have principles they lived by... now it is all worship the $$$... Take a look around and tell me how that is working?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

That might of been true about the Carrier, Trane. York and the other name brands, but they were more about protecting their dealer network. I'm refering to walking into a hardware or big box store and buying everything you need. Could you compete against that?

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast