Obama supporters - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    As usual, the libs cannot answer what they voted for...

Proof positive they do not even know.

Salty, it appears to me you are also one of those who is not really seeking a solution to issues.... rather is here for sport.

Because of your arrogant attitude, you are now in ignore. I do not tolerate folks attempting to play with my beliefs.

Bye-bye.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Have a good night gentlemen, the answers were there to see if only you would get out of the echo chamber. But since you decided to drink the kool-aid and put your blinders on there apparently is only one place you find yourselves comfortable.
    ..."the echo chamber"...

"There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Come on guys , just ignore them and let me know. I will not respond to your answer. I am not trolling. I rarely visit this section.

Guys( non - obama supporters) , just let them have this thread and do not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    ..."the echo chamber"...

Well tech do you ever expect to get a true answer from an Obama supporter? Maybe you are one also. Anyhow the answer to your question is contained in post # 10. This covers all the reasons why someone would be an Obama supporter.

Why go any further, since you can't expect them to admit the truth. This will never happen. I tend to believe however the reasons for some of the supporters on this forum can be distilled down to either Obama's race or his ideology. That would cover them though it is possible some may have one of the other reasons listed on my post or multible reasons. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Four years from now you will have the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber View Post
    Come on guys , just ignore them and let me know. I will not respond to your answer. I am not trolling. I rarely visit this section.
    Guys( non - obama supporters) , just let them have this thread and do not reply.
    They are not gonna answer... either they do not know or they are playing 'sport' with you.

Regardless, we were duped in the last election!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Hey Glenn,
    If you Ultra Right Wing Conservatives are so true to your cause why did your leader, Sean Hannity, recently sell out on his position on immigration? Why is he now going against his core beliefs? Just for the Mexican vote? Maybe because he sees his party going down the tubes?

The question is not only “why would you vote for Obama” it is why wouldn’t you vote for Romney? It is two sides of the same coin. IMO the days of Cheney, Rove, Limbaugh, Fox News, and Hannity are over. They have lost their power. Hannity is just trying to get ahead of the curve. Maybe he should apply for a job on MSNBC. He could do it since he has no morals.

It’s going to be amusing next election to see the Republican Party kissing up to the Mexican and Black Voters. Hannity is already on his knees. He must be wearing knee pads – starting so early.

In my experience, even asking obama supporter before he became President, is that they can not specifically name a list of items or whatever you care to call it of what he is going to do from small deeds to running the Federal Government.

And that simply is because feelings are hard to describe.

obama says platitudes...platitudes by the dozen. And his followers apply their individual needs to his lack of meaningful words and then they swear that is exactly what he said...even though he didn't.

As a recent example take the "You didn't build it" statements. He first said "You didn't built it"; it being small business.

So all those that say he said that and meant it that war are correct. But, and this is his way of doing things.....he continued to say "they had help". And that could mean that "they didn't build it themselve as they had help building it".

Now that is also true for those that want to argue that partucular point.

He's minapluative to the highest degree. That is why he is such a gread divider. While he has us agruing against each other he continues to work in the back ground undoing the US.

Now that he has a group of over 50% of this nation attracted to him he is in control with very little restrictions. The law of the land and The Constitution mean nothing to him unless he can use them to get his way.

Mean while we will fight among each other, those in need will continue to turn to his system to keep a roof over their head and food on the table and the US will continue to slide.

All this because he has attracted the child in all of us that wants to be taken care of. And children make decisions off of emotions and not on adult responsibilities. So you won't be able to get specific reasons from his followers unless you ask them how he make them feel. Then you most likely will get some words from these lost folks.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I'll start a list
    gun control
    massive tax in the form of a health care plan
    taking over businesses
    increase use of the government dole
    higher gas prices
    I have my own little world. But it's OK...they know me here.

I have been asking liberal mucks this for years, and they will not answer the question. They say the same things Salty and corndog do...always evading and trying to shift the discussion.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Just curious, could you explain to me your picture of what you believe America's goverment role should be and your image of the ideal USA. What do you want to change to accomplish this ?
    I'd like to see the total defense spending of the US at twice the total of the rest of the worlds instead of the 3 times what it is now.

I'd like to see Social Security payments to children of deceased and disabled taxpayers stop at 16 years of age instead of 26. They can get a job and this nonsense of everyone needs a college education to stop.

I would sterilize all unwed teenage mothers on welfare after their first child and put them to work doing some constructive work instead of working on their backs

Of course I never voted for the guy, doubt I would have if I had the chance. But in terms of what his supporters voted for I'll give it a kick at the cat since most do not want to be pounced on.

I think that the individual groups had their own personal agenda. The gays probably would like to see being able to get married where ever they live, some women would rather be the one's in control of their bodies rather some politician, people on welfare do not want to be thrown out on the street, some blacks that have a unfounded distrust of white politicians might see it preferable to have a non-white in office.

But people are not one dimensional beings. I see the political stripe of the people here but know very little of the other facets of this group. Does one fish, does the other coach baseball, one may provide help to the needy, some have multiple facets. To just pick one side of a person and then wrap their outlook on that one characteristic does them a disservice. Actually it does the ones accusing them of being one dimensional a disservice as it is easy to discount others and see nothing other than a narrow point of view.

First of all I would like to say I think many who voted for Obama might have gone the other way if a positive alternative was offered. If anything your process of selecting a leader turns people off of a candidate. It is almost like you pick the one person that has the least amount of mud clinging to them and then stand them up as a shiny example to lead the country. Anybody see a problem with that?

But back to why someone would vote Democrat rather than Republican in the last election (Notice I said the party rather than the man) it may come down to ideology, local candidate, and the individual agendas that have been listed previously. On the local level you may not care for the Republican candidate in your area, therefor by default you only have the choice to vote for the other guy. On ideology it could be a different vision of the America. One side says that we are one country and that we stand together as one, the other says that you are all individuals and that the best and the brightest will succeed but those with the advantages of money and upbringing will be first in line.

Need I say more?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast