Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    My question was concise and went unanswered.

To insist that they deserve to be our number one ally in the world and not be able to point out one instance in history that validates that relationship is pathetic. But I sense you know how ridiculous you look because you want to step up the vulgarity with your PC comments.
    Technically your question has been answered several times by different people. Now if you choose not to believe those as valid reasons, that is your choice. However, those answers are still reasons, regardless if they do not convince you as "good enough".
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Actually, I think Brian's question is a good one. The response that they are our ally is not copasetic, as that tiny country has damaged our national security more than all others combined....and continue to do so to this very day.

Is this what a partner/ally does?

In a microcosm, would you put up with a business partner undermining your company?
    I have a question for you Cool: If you HAD to choose an ally in the ME... which one would it be? And why?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Technically your question has been answered several times by different people. Now if you choose not to believe those as valid reasons, that is your choice. However, those answers are still reasons, regardless if they do not convince you as "good enough".
    No it wasn’t answered. They said Israel is our ally to give us “influence” in the area. I then asked what occurrence in history has shown that that “influence” has been to our benefit. If that question has been answered maybe you could point it out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    Actually GA is PC......a Polecat Caller (outer).
    I cal live with that... Been the voice of common sense from the outside most of my life... been called 'the fool on the hill' many a time... HOWEVER: most of the time, if the caller looked back a while down the road... they saw I was correct. Few look back now-a-days... they are usually too embarrassed to admit they were the real fools.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

My question was concise and went unanswered.

To insist that they deserve to be our number one ally in the world and not be able to point out one instance in history that validates that relationship is pathetic. But I sense you know how ridiculous you look because you want to step up the vulgarity with your PC comments.
    Naaah... you asked a question trying to jab your pre-determined answer on folks... your approach reminds me of BHO... NO regard for anything other than his agenda. Where is FREEDOM in that?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

No it wasn’t answered. They said Israel is our ally to give us “influence” in the area. I then asked what occurrence in history has shown that that “influence” has been to our benefit. If that question has been answered maybe you could point it out to me.
    Influence is not measured in black and white terms Brian, you really need to study political influence a bit to understand how it works... Hint: It is measured in subtle shades of grey... which are usually not perceptible to the untrained eye. That is why trying every detail of policy in the court of public opinion is just silly.... the public is not educated enough to understand.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Naaah... you asked a question trying to jab your pre-determined answer on folks... your approach reminds me of BHO... NO regard for anything other than his agenda. Where is FREEDOM in that?
    You could just face up to the question with a truthful answer. It goes like this..."I don't know".

Influence is not measured in black and white terms Brian, you really need to study political influence a bit to understand how it works... Hint: It is measured in subtle shades of grey... which are usually not perceptible to the untrained eye. That is why trying every detail of policy in the court of public opinion is just silly.... the public is not educated enough to understand.
    You don't even have a "grey" example of how it has been beneficial to us.

Brian
    It would be easier on all of us if you just told us what you were looking for to satisify the "what" or "how" your question could be satisified. Seems like unless you have some certain key words you are never going to be happy with any answer give unless it's given in your words or thoughts.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I have a question for you Cool: If you HAD to choose an ally in the ME... which one would it be? And why?
    I would have chose Saudi Arabia for their resources...and we have. Israel has no resources and takes billions from US tax payers every year. They steal our technology and sell it to the highest bidders around the globe...such as our armor technology for the M1 Abrams tank.

We can be friends, but I think we need to keep them out of our government...meaning no dual citizenship in our government offices or military bases.....and no more American blood spilled for that useless piece of sand over there. Let them fight their own battles.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

You could just face up to the question with a truthful answer. It goes like this..."I don't know".
    Now you are trying to jab your personal opinion on me... yet you have never met me and do not know anything about me. So please explain how you come to the conclusion I would not know...

Besides... many folks here have tried to explain the answer... yet you only want to hear one specific answer. Sounds to me like a pre-determined discussion.

Seriously Brian... folks who will not allow themselves to think outside the box... Generally dig their own holes they live in. Really would be better to open up that head and think beyond the borders you impose on yourself.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I would have chose Saudi Arabia for their resources...and we have. Israel has no resources and takes billions from US tax payers every year. They steal our technology and sell it to the highest bidders around the globe...such as our armor technology for the M1 Abrams tank.

We can be friends, but I think we need to keep them out of our government...meaning no dual citizenship in our government offices or military bases.....and no more American blood spilled for that useless piece of sand over there. Let them fight their own battles.
    Then one more country falls to Arab extremism.... Muslims don't just want to remove Israel from the Jews, they want the Jews gone, from earth.
    Holocaust 2.0
    It's not about resources with Israel. It's about influence and power projection. Like the soviets with Cuba.

The relationship isn't perfect, to be sure. But if your whole nation was under a constant, real threat, bordered on 3 sides by enemy nations, you would condone begging, borrowing and stealing to stay safe.

You don't even have a "grey" example of how it has been beneficial to us.
    What I see in this post is someone who is trying to start a fight... Well my friend... do so with someone else.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 912131415161718192021 LastLast